hollylb10 10/06/15
Last reply 2 years ago

This evening is the first time I missed out on something because I am too tired. My partner and the kids went for a walk to the beach (which is just at the end of my road) to fly a kite and get an ice cream! I really wanted to go but knew I was too tired, I found it really hard watching them all walk off 🙁 I hope this doesn’t happen too frequently, I started the day off so well! 🙁

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 years ago

I sympathise with you, @hollylb10 . This is when MS does deal us a bum hand.

You have to look seriously at these situations and consider whether there would be a way for you to join in. I’m talking mobility aids. Not for everyday use, but just when they’re needed, to allow you to participate.

We have to face facts that, occasionally we do need some assistance. Alternatively, you have to look at your daily schedule and see where you can factor in some rest time.

I could have done with an ice-cream this afternoon. And I bet you fancied one too.

2 years ago

I don’t think I am quite ready to admit defeat to this disease! I had a rest on the sofa and bounced back, I often find that half an hour makes so much difference. I had a very long and busy day yesterday and today I helped out at my sons school and went to the swimming pool twice for kids lessons. I am also having a mild relapse so I think I have clearly overdone it 🙁 lesson learnt!

2 years ago

It does take time to learn how to best manage this condition. 😉

2 years ago

@stumbler is always right, knowing when to stop is super important. But with small kids around that is not always easy or doable.

I find my batteries get dangerously low when I haven’t eaten for a few hours, so I keep small snacks handy ( like some nuts or some dark chocolate – of the bitter type so that there is no danger of eating the whole bar at once! :-). It sometimes helps to refuel slightly, sometimes it is a quick nap that can help ( and sometimes even good rest does not do it).

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.