Last reply 3 years ago
Fatigue peaks at 130 – 2 pm

I don’t know about other people with ms but I find my fatigue is really bad early afternoon . Do any of you experience this daily ? I can be like cleaning prospering stuff around the house and all of sudden I get an overwhelming feeling of needing to lie down and switch off . I just feel like any of the energy that I do have as just been sucked out of me . Early pm is always a bad time if day for me . Do any of u feel like this or is just me ? I wish I had more stamina to keep going ! How frustrating it is this illness . I don’t go out much i would say I’m actually home 99% of the time . I just to be so outgoing and would like to do a lot of things but now is just a struggle doing my house work or putting on makeup and doing my hair . I’m finding everything such an effort ! Happy days folks 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@angelbum , have a read of this website. http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com

It explains about the fatigue associated with MS.

It’s not a cure, but an explanation, which may help you manage your time better. 😉

angelbum
3 years ago

Thanks again @stumbler I’m wondering if anyone else will reply ! There must be a lot of people on this site . I’m hoping more will respond . I do appreciate all your help and anyone else s experiences would be appreciated thanks all

sophiashuriah
3 years ago

Hi angelbum
The dreaded fatigue, I don’t know how you feel about taking medication, but I was prescribed modafinil but my nuerologist
And I haven’t looked back, my fatigue was so bad but this(I call my wonder drug has been awesome good luck and keep us posted x

angelbum
3 years ago

Hi there as I’m undiagnosed but got priscribed ritilan as I have poor memory and attention ring any bells ? So got a diagnosed with a add at age 27 but been a blessing really as it helps with the fatigue of disease which does affect my attention and memory it also helps with the fatigue without it I prob would be in bed 24/7 Believe this to be all part of my undiagnosed hell I have went through for the last 15-20 years

caterpillar
3 years ago

I would say that for me it is an all day phenomenon and the peaks can come any time… the risk of a “shut-off” being higher in the afternoon.
I haven’t yet found a solution to the problem, though I have looked at different medications, have tried to change times of taking Gilenya ( some people find it helps to take Gilenya in the evening rather than in the morning). Big fat nothing so far 🙁
I looked at different trials, one modafinil study was positive, one was not. Amantadine was positive, there was also some positive study of aspirin for fatigue. I may give that a go.

chloeautumnx
3 years ago

Hi @angelbum,
As far as fatigue goes, @caterpillar summed it up for me. I’m currently sat with my eyes half open typing slowly as I’m so tired. My partner insists that I have a snooze soon so I will listen to him. Like you, I used to be so active and probably too busy. It’s a completely different ball game now! My best advice would be to listen to your body. I have made the mistake of ignoring it before but it only makes it 10x worse.
Lovely to meet you.

webbexpress
3 years ago

Yeah, i get early afternoon fatigue. Then wake up a bit more towards the evening. Is frustrating when I think I’ll just get some more sleep but then by the time I go to bed the fatigue has faded!

angelbum
3 years ago

Ha ha thanks all for your comments .

Lovely to meet all of you too 🙂

Yes I hear what your saying about fatigue early afternoon the night then a night it can be a wee bit brighter .

It’s funny how just one minute you can be ok fatigue wise then it’s just a total switch off . My speech gets affected when I get this overwhelming fatigue I struggle to find words and also get them out . I can’t take In any conversation either .

It’s very weird indeed just another weird symptom to go with this wonderful disease !! Lol

thecuriosity
3 years ago

i work shifts, so i get fatigue at different times of the day depending on when i’m working. usually i prop myself up with food and try and busy myself with work. my favourite party trick at the moment is napping at wholly innapropriate times, i’ve never dropped off to sleep so easily in my life. It does seem to pass and it doesn’t seem to be constant, but it would depend on how you’re affected.

pavo
3 years ago

I am always fatigued between 4 in the afternoon and about 7 in the evening regardless of whether I have been active at work or sat on front of the TV all day

simone2
3 years ago

Hi, since I have stopped having Gluten in my diet my fatigue is so much better it might help.
Sue

graham100
3 years ago

I get confused about the fatigue thing, as I never feel like wanting to sleep. I just get the,, struggle to move my legs mainly the right one. Worst time between 17.00 and 20.00. But best after 23.00 till bedtime normally about 01.00???? Is that strange??’

angelbum
3 years ago

@simone2 I have thought about diet change but I’m afraid I might not be able to stick to it . Certainly worth a try 🙂 x

jman
3 years ago

I’m suprised @reddivine hasn’t replied to this yet. Having known her long enough I’d say this sounds pretty familiar.

RD will confirm that mid afternoon she HAS to have a nap, usually from about 2 PM. The result without the rest is gibberish, with a good deal of nonsense and a dose of malfunction.

It does help.. Trust me, I’ve been around when she hasn’t had a nap, its not pretty :p

I think its one of those things, with chronic conditions. The mind says it wants to go on, the body says otherwise!

angelbum
3 years ago

Ha ha true true you made me laugh there so I’m definitely not the only one 🙂

reddivine
3 years ago

Thanks jman! Truth was reddivine has been too busy. Anyway wot he says….absolutely true! Furthermore your judgement becomes impaired. Suddenly lying down ANYWHERE seems like a logical idea. That hospital trolley? no-one will notice right? or maybe on the floor?
and as the dear man say, i can’t finish my sentences. Liable to bite ppl’s heads off….you get the picture.

angelbum
3 years ago

Hi @reddivine would you private message me please thank you

jman
3 years ago

@angelbum I do indeed speak the truth, and glad I made you laugh:)

J

I’m more a 4:30 to 6:30 kinda guy……that’s my worst time anyway! It can strike anytime though especially if i’ve pushed myself a bit hard. Did that this morning at work…….too much and the robot walk kicked in, slurred speech, that kinda thing. Not so bad now after an hour or so break!!

northernlass
3 years ago

I’m the same as @stallionicchampionic by 4.30pm I am done in and need a nap..I have pillows and a duvet on my sofa so I can get a proper kip, all cosy..!! 🙂 sometimes it’s just for 20 minutes or longer, like yesterday two and a half hours…!! I think you have to “fit in” the fatigue naps… maybe work your day around it.. and then just giving in to it and enjoy topping up your human batteries 🙂

jonesbear
3 years ago

My fatigue usually kicks in between 3 and 4 o’clock.

angelbum
3 years ago

@jonesbear what time do you get up in the morning though ?

jonesbear
3 years ago

@angelbum I’m usually at 6 every morning.

nicole154
3 years ago

Fatigue is something that I struggle with. It was especially bad/frustrating last week. I had no energy to workout some days. I too used to be on the go all of the time. The fatigue usually starts around 2:30 during the work week. If I have plans later in the evening, I try to nap once at home. Which is weird because I would never (before diagnosis) nap unless I was sick with a cold or jet lagged….

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.