Last reply 3 weeks ago
Fatigue – any tips!?

Hi everyone! I’ve been diagnosed about a month now with RRMS and only started my treatment yesterday. One thing that affects me big time is fatigue! Like full on non-functioning human being! My MS nurse couldn’t be certain if Gylenia will help with fatigue so I am wondering if anyone has any sort of *magic cure* (wishful thinking I know!) or tips on how to keep your energy to a level where you can function?? Thanks so much!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 weeks ago

@melissa_larkin , I’m afraid there aren’t any easy answers to this particular MS symptom.

The “Spoons” theory might help you understand the issue and how to manage it :-

https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

The following might provide some useful hints for you :-

https://support.mstrust.org.uk/file/Living-with-fatigue-2018.pdf

Otherwise, there are a couple of medications that may help, Amantadine and Modafinil. But discuss these with your MS Nurse.

vixen
4 weeks ago

Hello @melissa_larkin, welcome aboard. It’s still very early days after diagnosis, and things may well settle. You can use the search box above to look at previous posts on this subject; believe me, it’s something we all experience! For now, all things in moderation; try to exercise but don’t overdo it, never feel guilty for daytime napping, and when you are feeling better, you can experiment with diets whcih might help with your energy levels. All the best to you x

cameron
3 weeks ago

I have a friend with advanced MS whose ongoing fatigue became the ‘straw that broke the camel’s back’ as it prevented her from any semblance of normal living. A couple of years ago she started on a juicing regime: she drinks celery juice every morning. It’s the equivalent of a head of celery, so quite drastic! Unbelievably, it has sorted the fatigue. It does nothing for other MS symptoms but she says that at least she can deal with everything because she’s not having to have rests all the time.

watsoncraig
3 weeks ago

Exercise. It maybe difficult but it does help as the more you can do the less fatigued you will be

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.