Last reply 8 months ago
Fatigue

Went down to the big smoke (London) yesterday for fatigue seminar, very useful but I have to say journey fromStoke-on- Trent was very easy, I’m knackered but the experience was great. I used the mobility scooter for the first time and I have to say both the train companies and TFL were brilliant. The buses now have a middle door where people can get off, but if you are on a scooter, or in a wheelchair, a ramp comes out the side of the bus and you can easily get on, and twice the bus drivers wouldn’t take my contactless card off me so I travelled for free on the buses! They don’t take cash any more so you have to have anOyster card or contactless for a journey. Train prople were very helpful and the disabled lounge inEuston was very welcoming. You get old and cynical but my faith in human nature was restored by Joe Public with doorways, loos, dropped purses etc. Met lovely people especially Bob, who was there because he has Chronic Fatigue syndrome so they we’re all MSers but very helpful and loads of email addresses swapped.😍

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

rachaellouise
8 months ago

@grandma

Great stuff! What did you learn about fatigue?

Rachael x

stumbler
8 months ago

Yes, great stuff. Well done, @grandma .

mmhhpp
8 months ago

@grandma

Hi! Any conclusion? My understanding is that there is not much we can do….

grandma
8 months ago

I there’s not a lot we can do but we can learn to manage it, I’m an old hand t this but each of us is different. I have found that power naps work for me, I am better in the morning than afternoon, try and have an afternoon nap and then I’m usually ok to get dinner, if I am going out in the evening (very rare these days) lounge around all afternoon and put something in the microwave before I go etc., we all find what works for us. I did get some tablets from the ms nurse to keep me going abut longer cos I didn’t want to go somewhere like The Eden Project, expensive and I was determined not to fall asleep!😍 Jill

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.