Last reply 2 months ago
Fading Leisons?!?

HOLA PALS 😀
Hope you’re all well. I had an MRI scan a couple of week ago and the neurologist always sends a letter to my GP with results and I also get a copy of the letter. It took myself and my mum a good while to work out what the letter actually said but basically suggests although they have found 1 new small leison, an old leison looks slightly less “conspicuous”. I have a follow-up appointment on the 22nd May to discuss with the neuro but just wondered if anyone on here ever had results which showed shrinking or fading leisons? Is that even a possibility?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

peterfrancis
2 months ago

@katrinaf93

Some Neurologists and Professor types think that the fading /disappearance of Lesions could mean the disease is getting worse.

Here’s a link to some info about it.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/06/180604112441.htm

sue50
2 months ago

Hi Katrina, in some cases lesion fade is due to healing. The article cited above talks about lesions that are replaced by csf, so essentially brain loss. So it could be a good sign.

katrinaf93
2 months ago

@sure50 thank you <3

melmel1
2 months ago

@katrinaf93 how are you doing these days X

katrinaf93
2 months ago

@melmel1 very well actually. MS hasnt changed my day to day life much. As of yet anyways. How’re you? I hope you’re well and looking after yourself xxx

melmel1
2 months ago

@katrinaf93 just been light headed most days, are you going to take DMD’s? I’m glad your doing good X

smack
2 months ago

Lesions rend to fade after inflammation subsided. White on scan when active then grey after inflammation subsided.

katrinaf93
2 months ago

@smack ohhh that would make sense! Very helpful 🙂 thanks!

katrinaf93
2 months ago

I have no idea @melmel1 tbh. I don’t really know know about them tbh. In a dream world, I would love to just take Turmeric and Flaxseed Oil for the rest of my life and that be it 😛 I know that’s not realistic. Are you on any? I’m not meeting my neuro until 22nd May so definitely putting it off.

melmel1
2 months ago

@katrinaf93 I know what you mean it’s a lot to think about I’m waiting to see the results of my second MRI and other tests I’ve had done the other day ,and see what the neuro says everything is longggg and more tests and more waiting lol X

katrinaf93
2 months ago

Good luck for your results! I haven’t had any other tests other than MRI so maybe I need them before medication? I’m going to put together so many questions over the next couple of months so I’m prepared for the appointment. You’re been so kind to me, thanks for support! Keep me posted on how you get on xxx

melmel1
2 months ago

@katrinaf93 I had a full MRI the other day so they could look at spine and a eye evoked test and lumber puncture but that was a diaster, yes ask lots of questions have you seen ur ms nurse and ms neurologist?, that’s ok Hun were all in this together X

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.