Last reply 2 months ago
Eye problems

Was diagnosed 4 months ago but had my first relapse 6 years ago. I now have eye pain in my left eye, no visible injury and nothing appears to be in it. Went to drs as obviously am worried about optic neuritis. She has made me an appointment for the morning to go to eye casualty. She can’t see anything wrong but said be better to get it checked out. I have no visual problems currently. Would blurryness come on more sudden?
What are people’s experiences with there eyes? It’s been painfull for about 24 hours now.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

laurianne25
2 months ago

I had pain in my left eye when I moved it and blinked. I went to the eye dr, it was just Dry Eye. But you would do best to get it checked out.

mamawals
2 months ago

During a relapse a year ago I started with pain in my left eye. For a week it felt like someone had punched me. Then my left vision got blurry and dark, the left side of my body had numbness and tingling and I got vertigo. So for me it was the sign of a relapse starting.

rayrayjean
2 months ago

Optic neuritis was my very first (and only so far as I am newly diagnosed) relapse. It happened 2 years ago. I started getting a cold and I woke up one morning and had a small blurry spot in my vision. I assumed something was wrong with my contact and I was traveling away from home. As the week went on it got worse and worse. My entire left eye was blurry or bright and couldn’t see anything. I also was starting to lose vision in my right eye too (I have read this isn’t common). By this time I did have eye pain. It was more with moving my eyes or feeling like I was straining to see. To make a long story short, it took like 3 doctors to finally figure out it was optic neuritis and get me on steroids. Once I started steroids it slowly started getting better. It was definitely over a month with no vision, but might have been less if they had known what was going on and put me on steroids faster. My vision is back to 20/20 (with my contacts). My left eye does get some weird glares and has a tiny bit of color difference from my right eye. Hoping for you that if it is optic neuritis they can help you out faster than me.

blagaman182
2 months ago

@mamawals interesting you say it hurt for a whole week because all I keep reading is that it’ll come on suddenly. I have slight numbness on same side and have had some vertigo too! So will see what they say this morning. If it is ON maybe me being a hypacondriact will pay off for once!

mamawals
2 months ago

@blagaman182 when I had that relapse my MS was very active. The MRI that month showed about a dozen lesions, all of which disappeared three months later to be replaced by new ones. So it could be different lesions were causing different symptoms? Most of my symptoms did eventually go away, except for some facial numbness. I hope it gets better for you soon.

smack
2 months ago

I have lost my vision in my left eye due to ON.,Never any pain. Would not of known but for a routine eye exam. Doc thought it was a tumor cutting of blood since optic nerve was white. Before MS dx. Vision never came back. Right eye strong so still no glasses. Optic nerve is stripped of Mylin. Can see light but can’t focus. You can tell if On by closing one eye. Can’t see red so at night on highway is a quick test.

blagaman182
2 months ago

I have been to see eye doctor and he can’t fibd anything wrong with it! So I feel I’m just waiting for it to get worse! The pain isn’t that bad and it comes and goes!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.