Last reply 3 months ago
Exercise Pilates – Yoga

Hi wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. I am currently looking into starting a new exercise of either Pilates or Yoga. Any ideas where I can find a class in my local area and which one of these exercises would be best to help improve my balance?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cclaire
3 months ago

Some yoga poses require you to stand on one foot, so you need to consider that. Balance can be corrected with physio quickly if you are having balance problems.

janefrances
3 months ago

I went for Pilates as I think it is usually slower and more precise and somehow felt safer to me.

stumbler
3 months ago

@mandy121 , I’d be tempted to opt for Pilates too. This is more focused on your core strength, which is a key component of balance.

grandma
3 months ago

I did both, our Yoge teacher was a 30 yr veteran whose husband has ms, she worked out routines, all sitting or lying down, (cos we all fall down regularly, and can’t stand) and again Infound a beginners Pilates class run by a part time NHS physiotherapist again sitting or lying down, but unfortunately I live in Stoke, but you should have no problem in the big smoke in finding either or both near you. Good luck😍

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.