Last reply 4 months ago
Epstein Bar Virus

Good morning my name is Erica and I have been diagnosed with MS since 2003. I fortunately have been symptom free since that year but I have developed celiac disease, have hiatal hernia, and other issues that have plagued me for a while. I recently came across the EBV as my homeopathic doctor said my issues are a result of the mono virus. I have started the efforts of eliminating the virus through Dr Hoe and have also been following the medical medium plant based eating habit. I have read that it’s possible I could have been misdiagnosed with MS as a result of the EBV. I’m just wonder if anyone else has thought about this or have any insight? Thank you

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

Copied from my response to your earlier update :-

Hi @sagecat and welcome.

We all go through a stage of denial, where we feel we’ve been misdiagnosed. Doctors are very reticent in diagnosing MS. It’s a big decision with a massive impact to the patient, so they don’t want to make mistakes.

EBV has been seen as a potential culprit, but is only a part of the cause. So, it cannot be a complete answer.

Coeliacs has also been confused with MS, as the symptoms seem similar.

A homeopathic approach is OK, if it makes you feel better, dependent on the ongoing cost………..

sagecat
4 months ago

There have been some compelling documents coming out (in 2018) suggesting a strong link between MS and EB Virus. To be able to fight off the virus can, in turn reverse the effects of MS. Modern medicine is still trying to catch up to a treatment for EBV but with everything I’ve read over the past three months, it doesn’t seem impossible to believe that, in my case, it could be a misdiagnosis. My neurologist has stated that she’s never had an MS patient that has had the diagnosis as long as I have and is in as good of shape as I am. I have been gluten free for 10 years and dairy free for several years. I wonder if that’s why my health (in the MS world) has stayed so good. I say MS world bc I have multiple other issues that are not MS related. I have been on MS meds for over 15 years, the idea if healing through food is a new idea but have, not knowingly, been already doing it. Just looking at all the options I can 😊

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.