Last reply 3 years ago
End of a long relapse..???

Hi all , I’ve been having my relapse for just over a year now (started Sept 2013) and was diagnosed with RRMS end of April (and then SPMS a month later..??). I spoke to the Neuro about why it was unclear as to which MS I had actually got and she just advised that time would tell for me that if I recovered then it’s RRMS and if I didn’t then it’s SPMS… 🙁 so I’ve been having Neurophysio for the last 5 weeks and it is helping a lot with my balance and gait (was showing off last week wobbling in an almost straight line without my stick.. 🙂 ) Physio very pleased with progress and so am I but I have started to wonder if I’m coming to the end of this very long relapse naturally and that’s why I feel stronger.. Don’t get me wrong I am still struggling with balance, stairs, walking outside, fatigue and a slight numbness in my left side still but all in all I feel more able at the mo (Touching wood as I type.. :-/ ). Has anyone else experienced such a long relapse and come out the other end feeling “Normal” ..?? My last major relapse was 20 years ago and it also took over a year to recover fully.. so I’m hoping for the same this time.. 🙂 Best wishes y’all.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

northernlass
3 years ago

And forgot to say hope you have a great Bonfire Night (Uk’s excuse to set fire to some money.. 🙂 )

Doesn’t help you much but just keep your chin up and stay positive sounds like you are doing extremely well. Best of luck x

stumbler
3 years ago

@northernlass , the problem with relapses is that we may need to have to recover some lost function.

This sounds like what the Neuro-physio is doing for you now. Now, if you’d had this assistance about 9 months ago, then you’d might be having a diagnosis of Relapsing/Remitting, with the range of DMDs being made available to you.

I find this specification process of MS type to be very subjective on occasions.

But, you’re doing well at the moment and that’s the main thing.

cameron
3 years ago

I had fixed disability almost from day one, but was dxd as RRMS. TBH I never felt that my leg would get any better – it was so damaged, but the other bits and pieces did go away. We’re all different! Neuro physios are the best!!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.