Last reply 3 months ago
Dry eyes

I was diagnosed with ms late december 2016 . With optic neuritis but had to have an emergency appointment as I have sore eyes. Lucky it’s not optic neuritis but really dry eyes. I just wondered if anyone suffers from this too?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

peterfrancis
3 months ago

Hi Terrie

I have SPMS, was diagnosed in Oct 2017.

Over the last few weeks I have noticed that my left eye does not feel right at all, leaks a lot of the time and feels very tight at the bottom far corner. What this is, have no idea I am at Hospital this week for my yearly Diabetic Eye examination so should find out more then, hopefully.

terriewhyte
3 months ago

Hi Peter

I’m not to sure either mines is total opposite feels like someone’s trying to take my eyeball out. I know that’s sounds a bit drastic 🙈 as far as I know dry eye isn’t a known symptom but my optician had mentioned hid patients with ms suffer it too. So long term eye gel for me

peterfrancis
3 months ago

Eye problems in general are fairly common with MS, whether it’s blurred/double vision or a feeling of heaviness in the eyes.

I do recall reading something that mentioned Dry Eye in connection with MS. A lot of people with MS seem to have had experience of it.

As I’m sure you’re aware MS is a conundrum of a Disease with the “experts” knowing not nearly enough about it all, so as far as what is and what is not a symptom then anybodies guess is as valid as everybody elses……. Maybe the next symptom will be growing Carrots out of our ears or something, lol.

terriewhyte
3 months ago

Oh definitely! It’s just rubbish people don’t know enough about this disease! It’s something new that we will learn everyday with this one

mhworden
3 months ago

Hi @terriewhyte,

Yes! Just suffered through a bout of blepharitis. 6 weeks of no contact lenses wear, lots of drops, and daily eyelid scrubbing (all at the optometrists direction) has got me back to daily contact wear, occasional drops. Keeping up with the Systane lid wipes (I’m sure there are other brands or washes too). Hope you have similar success and this is a temporary issue!

terriewhyte
3 months ago

Hi @mhworden

Thankyou for sharing. The optician advised me it would be eye gel four times a day which would be life long

sherryak
3 months ago

I survived a bad car wreck 12/9/12. As a result, my right eye has 3rd nerve palsy. Now, it won’t close all the way when I sleep. The eye surgeon told me that I need to put lubricant in that eye whenever I go to bed to keep it from drying out & me eventually losing it. It has been pretty amusing with people thinking I’m awake & looking at them when I’ve actually dozed off for a nap. But if an eye doctor told you to use drops or whatever, I’d do it. A lubricant is much thicker & blurs your vision much more than drops are/do.

mhworden
3 months ago

Ouch, life long😧. You might try adding omega 3 supplements to your diet too? Can’t hurt?

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.