Last reply 5 months ago
Drooling, Slobbering?.

Has anyone experienced themselves drooling and slobbering for no apparent reason?.
Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed my self salivating a lot more than usual.

After doing a little research online I could nothing with any connections to MS.
I do get a dry mouth a lot of the time too…. Weird.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
6 months ago

aabreu
6 months ago

I’ve experienced it. It went away fortunately.

prince1
6 months ago

I don,t drool but my lips get sticky when i lick my lips, i use baby wipes all the time, i found out its because i don,t drink a lot so im dehydrated but if i drink a lot i need the toilet.

peterfrancis
6 months ago

@prince, you need to drink at least 2 litres of water a day average, everyone does MS or not.
I get what you’re saying about needing the toilet a lot more, I have that too. But don’t stop drinking just to save needing to pee more often, it’s not healthy.

grandma
6 months ago

Hi
Peter, I drool a lot Night and day, things get worse on a bad day, I also ‘spit’ a lot so friends know to keep their distance on a bad day! I assume this is is a symptom I can’t do anything about so have had to learn to live with it. As always when it first started people thought I’d had a stroke and living with a tissue stuffed up the sleeve has become the norm.😍

edmontonalberta
6 months ago

@grandma

Bingo – stroke was my first thought reading the original post. My right arm went dead while sleeping; they diagnosed a pinched nerve. When all was said & done – spine surgery. When that did not solve the problem, a brain scan occurred. MS was the diagnosis explaining a lot of my challenges.

To make a long story short, everyone is different. What works for one does not for another. Why one drools is minor; if one slobbers that might be important. But a minor stroke is my first thought.

grandma
6 months ago

Pete, didn’t realise you were so close, I’m in Stoke but I digress everyone with ms is born with it, men and women. When autopsies are done, they have found ms that the person didn’t know they had. First case in court in a few years ago, middle aged lady badly hurt in car crash, ms developed 6 weeks later, neurologist proved in court that the crash was “major trauma to the body and therefore responsible for the ms symptoms. She won her case and a big payout. Pregnancy does the same, a woman might sail through her pregnancy but it is still a major trauma to our bodies, but luckily not enough to stop us having children or else the world population might suffer!

potter
6 months ago

I have trouble with drooling at night, last night was it was bad. It got worse after I had a upper molar pulled. I have a little bridge you take in and out but was told I couldn’t wear it to bed. Potter

sarahboo
5 months ago

Peter,
I dribble sometimes I am attempting to make it alluring…..No luck yet!
However if you are needing PIP dribbling will score you points unlike frontal lobe damage (executive functions) which are invisible to the authorities so dont exist!!!
I am so sorry you are slobbering its difficult to remain human with MS I have become a bit of an animal, selfish, me,me,me what about me.
I make myself cringe.
But my humour will take me through or land me in big trouble the thing is I DON’T CARE.😇😈

stumbler
5 months ago

@sarahboo , you’re one helluva character. It works for you, so don’t change! 😉

sarahboo
5 months ago

Thats right Stumbler.
I am amusing at a distance should’ve been a Journalist or something.
Close too…. althought ‘I’ve still got it’ as a woman ,
I’m like a typhoon.
You Stumbler are the goto guy I see……. so vive la difference. Out of interest Are you working still?
Sboo

peterfrancis
5 months ago

@sarahboo

I’m not slobbering but I do occasionally drool, not all the time but I do try and keep myself as hydrated as possible… if that helps.

The drooling does happen at the most awkward of times though, usually when I’m eating lunch or dinner, makes me look like some kinda Glutton who hasn’t eaten for weeks.

I’ll have to try making the drooling/slobbering look more alluring, lol.

I was at an appointment a few weeks ago and my hands were shaking/waving like crazy, a Nurse/Doctor thought I was waving at her.

sarahboo
5 months ago

Hmmm its a bummer waving randomly at people yes but if you are singing the tune from the A- Team (for example) inside your head you will feel like a hero. I have found ☺
Sboo

peterfrancis
5 months ago

lol, That’s the thing though, when my arms/hands start randomly shaking like crazy it does not resemble a classic or common wave, does not look like I’m purposely or intending to get someone’s attention…. So more fool her, lol.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.