Last reply 1 day ago
double/blurry vision

The past month I’ve been experiencing double/blurry vision when I’m trying to focus. Do I finally need reading glasses or do I need to worry and tell the neurologist?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
2 months ago

Don’t worry, double vision/blurred is standard ms problem. Usually associated with relapses, so you need to get in touch with ms nurse/neuro asap. Steroids usually do the trick but things might be different in Canada so call the people NOW.😍

stumbler
2 months ago

@carola , here’s a good description of the MS symptom, Optic Neuritis, which @grandma alluded to above :-

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/opticneuritis.html

carola
2 months ago

Thanks for your responses, it’s very helpful. I asked my MS nurse and she thinks it’s a reading glasses issue not Optic Neuritis. Seeing my neurologist next week so I will ask again.

stumbler
2 months ago

@carola , I’d be tempted to visit your optician for an eye test. They’d be able to see whether there’s any inflammation on your optic nerve or not.

If you do need reading glasses, you could arrange them whilst you’re there……..

carola
1 day ago

I did see an optician and I do need reading glasses. They checked for any signs if it could be related to MS but that was not the case.
Thanks again

@carola I would still follow up with your neurologist. Anything that came on quickly could be related to ms and unless the optician fixed it with glasses I wouldn’t assume they could make that diagnosis. That’s my personal opinion and I wouldn’t worry but better to be extra careful.

Sorry you mentioned you will see them next week. I think that’s good

sam10
1 day ago

Blurry vision is different from double vision. The 1st one could be because of needing of a reading glasses (if has started gradually). The 2nd one is eyes muscles imbalance that could be because of systemic or neurological problems.

watsoncraig
1 day ago

Double vision corrected by a Fresnal Prism on my very weak glasses. First diagnosed by optician then hospital optometrist. Look like I had been compensating by closing one eye and A refuse to wear an eyepatch unless it comes with a parrot.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.