Last reply 1 year ago
Does anyone take provigil modafinal

Hi i was diagnoised last year May 2013 with MS.
didnt realise the extent that my fatigue levels were until i discovered the expensive provigil modafinal drug 3 months ago.
does anyone else use it ?
I see a great improvement on fatigue levels and cognitive and word recapping abilities after taking this schedule 5 drug.
does anyone else take it for fatigue and cognitive abilities?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 years ago

I was aiming to get this one prescribed. I got given Amantadine, which did nothing for me.

Must make a mental note to try and get Modafinil again….. 😉

naim
4 years ago

did you use modafinal before ? never heard of amantadine.

bloomers1968
4 years ago

yes and it helps

jamieh
4 years ago

I do use modafinil (provigil) and is great. I take 200Mg in the morning then 200mg in the afternoon. Ithelps a lot

-jamie

stumbler
4 years ago

No, I haven’t tried Modafinil. I tried to get it, but got given the Amantadine instead. It’s probably a cheaper option! lol 😆

naim
4 years ago

yeah im trying to get my medical aide to pay for my provigil as well lol!
i just sent a huge motivation to my medical aide of how it has improved my MS quality of life – which i cant deny it has.
i dont know about side effects in long term but i know i need to live now.
i take 200mg in morning only.

graham100
4 years ago

Iv got loads of it. Lol. Started taking it but made me buzz, so they changed me to Amantadine. Then I found out the students were paying £2 per tab for modafinil to help them pass exams, they are that good, gp put me back on it, saying they was going to take Amantadine off market soon, still don’t really bother taking it though?? Keep forgetting. Lol

naim
4 years ago

lol ! its quite good modafinal for me – before modafinal i couldnt evern run for more than a minute on the treadmil now i can run and even sprint.
i dont know whats in that tablet but its definitley helping the quality of my life.

clyde
1 year ago

I know the thread is old but I just putting my 2 cents worth in. I have taken amantadine, cylert, & wellbutrin for fatigue They all worked for awhile but then my body go used to them and they were no longer effective. For the last 3 years I take Provigil and it works great for me. Hope this helps.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.