Last reply 10 months ago
Docspot

Hi, just wondered if anyone sees a Physio. I only see the neuro Physio when I feel I need to. I was on here a Cple weeks ago talking about exercise. My Physio had told me as I am hyper flexible!!! It not so much stretching as building muscle. She referred me to Docspot. Basically it’s ran at the local gym but I don’t need a membership I just pay £2.50 a session to use the facilities! Love it! Just thought i would mention if anyone wanted gym etc! As may be an option if available to you x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
10 months ago

@geordie57 , the “Docspot” scheme sounds very interesting, but I couldn’t find much detail about it. What I did find suggested that it’s an initiative in the Solihull area……..

geordie57
10 months ago

Ah @stumbler that is a shame. I can’t afford virgin gym but knowing I pay as I go really helps! They give me a programme to follow and monitor you. It’s a really good scheme, I assumed it was national! Hopefully it gets rolled out. X

houdini
10 months ago

Hi, sounds good but yes looks like just a Solihull initiative with their health facilities.

zoeb
10 months ago

For the rest of the U.K. this is known as the exercise referral scheme. You would need to look that up in your local area… your doctor can refer you to a local exercise centre, usually the one run by the council and they would come up with a 12 week programme for you.

If you want more info DM me – I can possibly help you find more about it in your home town.

dramaqueen
10 months ago

Our ms group subsidies a seated exercise and gym session. Might be an idea to check your local groups.

geordie57
10 months ago

Thanks @zoeb, yes the guy at gym said when o asked what others may know it as and he said exercise referral. Thanks . It is a good scheme, certainly got me back into exercise

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.