Last reply 4 months ago
DMT choices

Hello all.

Well, things are moving forwards and I’m currently tucked up in bed nursing the post dural headache from Saturday-wowsers, it’s been phenomenal!!!
I’m looking through the info that the Neuros gave me to consider; Lemtrada, Tysabri, Ocrevus and Mavenclad.

Ocrevus and Mavenclad are the two that I feel would be more tolerable from a lifestyle point of view-less constant monitoring/appointments etc.
With Mavenclad, I see that there are two courses of treatment, with no treatment in years 3 & 4. Does the course then start again in the 5th year or is that it after 4 years? I can’t seem to find the answer to that anywhere. I’m presuming with Ocrevus that it rolls on every 6 months?!

I’ve had a look at other posts about the various treatments and the journeys people are on, and have found them so useful. Thank you 😎

Rach.🎷

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@rach_ls , the jury is still out about the Mavenclad protocol for year 5. There is not enough data for anyone to make a judgement :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/mavenclad-cladribine

rach_ls
4 months ago

@stumbler. Thanks for that signpost. I must’ve not taken that bit in 🙈 If I choose that particular DMT, then they’ll probably know by then whether to continue it or not?!

stumbler
4 months ago

@rach_ls , yes, in a year or two, they’ll have the data to make that decision.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.