Last reply 5 months ago
DMDs

Hi All: I’ve read that prior use of immunosuppresant drugs makes PML more of a risk on Tysabri. I’m JCV-but have been on Tecfidera. Does that mean that the risk of PML is quite high even if you’re JCV-? Tecfidera hasn’t been effective for me and it’s been suggested I move to either Tysabri or Lemtrada. Tysabri would be available more quickly. But the PML risk is scary to me. Lemtrada would involve a longer wait and then time to get over the treatment from what I can see. I’m having a lot of symptoms (blurred eyesight, heavy arm) and not feeling great as it is, so not sure what to do for the best. Any advice/suggestions? Thank you!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
5 months ago

@rambles , there are known risk with all of these treatments. But, as they are “known risks”, you will be closely monitored to ensure that the risk remains within acceptable levels.

If the risk was to increase beyond an acceptable level, then the treatment would be reviewed.

rambles
5 months ago

Thank you @stumbler ☺. That’s really reassuring. All the weighing up of each treatments pro’s and cons is necessay – and we’re told to do it – but it gets overwhelming … and it’s easy to lose sight of the fundamentals, like the fact that there’s close monitoring!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.