Last reply 9 months ago
DMD break

Hello,

I would really appreciate some advice/thoughts.

A few months ago, I had to stop taking Plegridy due to a severe side effect. I was given another choice out of three alternatives and Aubagio was the choice. My break is due to another health problem and until that is clarified I cannot start the drug.

This is going to sound silly but I am very surprised at no relapses, I have been really worried that a longish break would result in a bad relapse and it has been frightening to think about it without the protection of the drugs, however small the effectiveness. Before I started DMDs I was relapsing constantly. Should I be telling my Nurse or just be grateful (which I am) that all is relatively quiet apart from my mainstay symptoms? I know there is still time for things to kick off but SP is on my mind.

Thank you for any help.

Sam

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
9 months ago

@samanthathompson , no-one can predict the course of your MS. It could be fairly benign, highly active or anywhere in between.

Be thankful of your good fortune and continue to live your life. You’re obviously doing something right. 😉

bensdad
9 months ago

Great news Sam, I hope all goes well for you!

samanthathompson
9 months ago

Thank you both x

alice88
9 months ago

Great to hear you are doing well. I’m on Aubagio following relapses on another DMT and have found it ok on the whole with no relapses so all the best when you start. For now just make the most of being relapse and drug free 😁

samanthathompson
9 months ago

Thank you Alice, glad Aubagio is going okay for you 😊

nutshell88
9 months ago

Great news.
Glad you’re having a break of symptoms and dmd’s personaly never been on them 13 yrs got just 2 relapses but from what you mentioned your ms used to be active and the dmd gave you a break. I hope its positive effect will last forever x

R

bok2bjan
9 months ago

That’s awesome! Personally, I had several relapses early on, but then didn’t have many. So that could be your pattern and you could have a relatively benign course as stumbler said. Of course nobody knows. I’m on the side of taking that break, but only you and your doctor can decide. Meanwhile, enjoy.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.