Last reply 6 months ago
Dizziness very short lived

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help or shed some light!

Since my first attack of symptoms 3 years ago I have experienced periods of what I can only explain as dizziness but feel more like vertigo (from what I have read) but they only last a few seconds.

They catch me totally unaware (today in Morrisons!) and feel as if I’m about to fall/completely out of balance – but luckily I’ve not.

I’ve had 2 times where it’s has lasted longer (minutes) and I found these distressing as they felt like the onset of a seizure, which accompanied my first symptoms but luckily hasn’t happened since.

Sorry bit of a ramble! But can vertigo only happen for very short periods?

Thanks 🙂 xxxx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
6 months ago

@petal87 , this may be what I call, “sensory overload”, especially in a supermarket.

It’s the cacophony of sounds, lights etc, which can overload our brains and other senses suffer. So, just beware of this.

petal87
6 months ago

@stumbler Thanks for your comment – that description fits perfectly with how it feels. I was trying to explain to a friend the sensation and it really is like a total inability to process my surroundings. X

vixen
6 months ago

Hello @petal87, I’ve had a few sporadic incidents like that too but it’s always first thing in the morning and then wears off. Don’t forget when you get them to report to your MS nurse. I was diagnosed last year but recently recalled a dizzy spin incident thirteen years ago so that was probably connected to the MS

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.