doubleo7hud 22/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Disco legs

Ey ups again msdebators so as I’m in limbo at the moment and impatiently waiting for my diagnosis i feel as if I’m stuck here pestering you lot (you poor buggers yer) So anywho I saw the neuro just before Christmas I was more or less crawling round by this point and she gave me a weeks course of steroids which have me back on my feet (still wobbley) and some gabapentin think it’s a nerve pain killer. Since I started taking them my legs have started twitching when I’m relaxed mostly on a night I call it disco leg they like to party. Also I keep waking up on a night feeling as if some mofo has shot me in the elbow with a crossbow just my right one for now is this maybe a progression/sign or is it the pills views please no stamped address envolope required thank you please.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@doubleo7hud , Steroids are given to address a relapse situation, which is having a major impact, e.g. visual or mobility. The steroids address the area of inflammation causing the problem, allowing your body to get on with recovering. The Steroids will be helping this recovery over the following 6 – 8 weeks, although you have to allow your body to effect this recovery.

Sensory symptoms or neuropathic pain are just one of the “joys” of MS (https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/altered-sensations). Gabapentin is one of the medications prescribed to dull down these symptoms. It’s very much a case of finding the drug that works for you, and at what dosage.

As for your elbow, being a self-styled MSdebator, it isn’t too much MSdebating, is it? lol 😉

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Ha ha ha not with a toddler that has recently discovered he can escape over a baby gate nowhere is safe anymore I find even when opening the bomb doors which is a sacred ritual I have a little visitor and I don’t mean of the brown variety unfortunately I do struggle pooing with a audience is there such a thing as poo shy as well as pee?

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Ps and thanks mate I will look up the ms trust stuff

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.