Last reply 2 months ago
DIET help

Has anyone tried the Oms diet or gone on some sort of diet that they feel has greatly improved there Ms I eat very bad I won’t lie a lot of take away and Suguar and wanna really clean up my diet from Jan 1st , has anyone got any other tips to keep Ms on the low such as food exercise stress reduction would love to hear people’s own story’s, thank you xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

Hi @melmel1 and welcome.

Diets are very much a case of “horses for courses”. What works for one, doesn’t work for another. What will make you feel better is adopting a balanced, healthy diet.

As for what’s actually best for you, try maintaining a food diary to record what you eat. Then, if you have a below par day, you can look back to try and identify foodstuffs to avoid.

Exercise should be a part of your lifestyle. Once again, what suits you, with little and often being the mantra. Swimming is the best for of exercise, being low impact and avoiding over-heating.

As for stress, best avoided or carefully managed.

melmel1
2 months ago

Thank u how r u coping with ur ms? X

jreberg74gmail
2 months ago

Hello @melmel1, i have found diet plays a huge part in managing my m.s. i cut out corn and pasta as they effect my eye sight, very quickly. Processed sugar effects my bladder. So i eat alot of chkn and rice and am trying to go vegetarian.

melmel1
2 months ago

@jreberg74gmail thank u sometimes I beleive certain foods a trigger too I’ve been eatin badly and Defo feeling worst time to get healthy now lol X

californiadreamin
2 months ago

My wife has been on oms and Tecfidera for more then the last two years. It was a challenge at first to follow but it’s totally been worth it. No way how to know what would have happened otherwise but she feels stronger and better then she ever has (except did the mid afternoon fatigue that hits for a bit).

We never wanted to look back and say what if we had tried ….. she misses dairy, cheese, chicken and the lot but we have added an incredible variety to our diet to make up for it in vegetables.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.