Last reply 1 month ago
Diet!!

Do you watch what you eat, I was on the ketogenic diet, instead of running on sugar you run on fats, it’s meant to be more efficient I always notice a difference for the better. But there’s temptation everywhere and this last week I’ve had cakes buns, bread, you name it and I feel worse for it, inflammation has crept back and I wake up tired. Even more tired?!is that possible lol

I do think certain foods heal the body, and the foods on keto are unprocessed, natural foods.

I follow this guy he breaks it down well. Do you eat nornally or are you on a special diet??
Here’s the link https://youtu.be/s5w-PyeJOrs

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

peterfrancis
1 month ago

@supermum1983

Being a T1 Diabetic I know about Ketoacidosis and yes it’s not fun.

supermum1983
1 month ago

Yeah that’s slightly different people who are diabetic should not do the diet, as you don’t produce any insulin. And there a dangerous levels of ketones with what your talking about.

nutshell88
1 month ago

Thanks for sharing

It irritates me sometime when the majority talks about diet
I havent been on a diet all my life i eat everything but so tiny amount
Im bony I admit my weight is 45 kg and im 30 years old
This diet seems healthy indeed but i dont think it would work out for me
My apetite is terrible

sfrox
1 month ago

I cut out sugar and dairy and I eat more vegetables. This has significantly reduced my headaches and is easier, for me, than tracking a special diet.

Studies have proven that a lower BMI (body mass index) correlates with LESS brain shrinkage / end organ damage.

vixen
1 month ago

Hello, I first came upon the Keto diet on this forum. For the last 18 months, it has become my normal life after I managed to shed two stone in six months and have remained a stable weight. Once I didn’t want to lose any more weight, I just upped by carbs, ie, eat a packet of crisps or a bar of chocolate a day. I can’t say if it does or doesn’t affect my MS. But here are some facts: I lost weight without increasing exercise, I managed to kick my lifetime addiction to sweets and chocolate, my energy levels are much better and I understand so much more about nutrition now. Oh, and it turns out that the world didn’t end because I no longer can eat bread, spuds and pasta! 🙂

supermum1983
1 month ago

@nutshell88 why are you irritated… I am a foodie but for me I be noticed when I eat certain foods I start to get the tingling also when I’ve eaten ‘clean’ and I eat processed foods it tastes funny x

supermum1983
1 month ago

@sfrox yeah I agree to cut sugar down as well, we don’t need a great amount every time we eat, in some of us it spikes insulin can effect moods and everything. Sugar is addictive X

@vixen yes most meals have a carb, bread, chips pasta etc, but you do adapt and I feel so much better for been in ketosis it does require planning for me, most restaurants aren’t keto friendly lol x

nutshell88
1 month ago

@supermum1983
I’m not a big eater bad gene lol
I wish I was I hardly ever eat 3 meals
When I get up I dip a spoon of honey in a glass of water and drink it I eat dates chocolate and certainly add sugar to my tea on daily basis and consume coffee more than once per day bad useless habit i know
But its not easy to change these habits
I like kebabs from restaurants i hate burgers and pizza but i eat rice and meat as its a main meal here you know its the habits hard to change with bad lil apetite got it from dad :/

supermum1983
1 month ago

@nutshell88 where do you live?? Yeah I’m no dietician but I did a nutrition course but was falling asleep half of time lol

nutshell88
1 month ago

@supermum1983 im Saudi girl and i live in Saudi Arabia.

nutshell88
1 month ago

All gaining weight youtube vids never helped me my body burns calories fast actually it never gained weight not with ensure plus even.

ash33
1 month ago

I notice if I eat less gluten and dairy my hands feel less tight and numb. Of course this week has been full of this and sugars since it was my birthday. I’m going to try and limit this stuff again. I talked to a dietician on the phone she wanted me to change my diet back to milk. Which I think I’ll disobey. She really wasn’t listening when I explained why I was doing certain things!

supermum1983
1 month ago

@ash33 they don’t get that certain foods can trigger things off for us, I would cut it out, you know how your body feels!! X

sfrox
1 month ago

@nutshell88 Coffee isn’t bad for you – it’s considered to be good for your liver and brain. Adding cream and sugar might not be good but for me a little honey does the trick! I guess as usual the key is moderation – you don’t want caffeine anxiety. The Mediterranean diet is one of the best!

nutshell88
1 month ago

https://goo.gl/images/skw3pz
I drink Arabian coffee with black tea everyday more than once
Sometimes I drink machiatto I dont like much cream or milk in my coffee
Sometimes tea
I know its not healthy :/
But I feel good and active after consuming them @xfrox

nutshell88
1 month ago

Sometimes tea with milk*

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.