My neurologist said for me to think about the type of treatment
But she wants to manage the lesion overload in my brain

What are your takes on
Aubagio tecfidera copaxone gilenya
She said cops one would not be aggressive enough

Is there anyway program to get the meds reduced besides insurance

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

californiadreamin
5 months ago

Gilenya is probably the most effective followed by tecfidera and then aubagio of the medicines you listed. My wife is using tecfidera. Gilyena has the heart rate issue that made my wife nervous plus the rebound effect can bad if you stop the medicine.

Here the in the us if you are able to demonstrate financial need most of the companies have a program to reduce the cost.

Lastly if cost is really a huge concern consider getting ocrevus. It’s more effective (possibly little more risk but not to bad still). Even though you need the medicine every 6 months I think many say it’s effective for several years. And since it’s much more effective then gilyena and tecfidera even at reduced amounts it’s probably still better. Since it costs about the same (little less actually) might be worth considering in case money became a large concern later and you had stop.

vixen
5 months ago

Hello @keistt, Tecfidera has worked out fine for me. It fits perfectly into my lifestyle. The most common issue seems to be gastric upsets, and it would see if you are going to be affected, you will know early on. I’ve been lucky and have had nothing at all. I am very careful and eat it mid-food, ensuring the food is a balance of protein and fat. Hope this is useful info for you, good luck!

keistt
5 months ago

Thank you all

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.