Last reply 1 year ago
Dantrolene/Dantrium

Heya Peeps.
I wondered as there’s alot of new msers here if any of you take Dantrolene/Dantrium for clonus?

I did ask b4 around 9/10mnths ago’ish but i don’t think there was anyone one it.

Anyone?
Cheers Lisa 😊 xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @cherish , how are you?

I do not have any personal experience of this drug, but found this :-

https://www.drugs.com/cdi/dantrium.html

The bits that may concern you are :-

• if you are older than 35 years old (farbeit for me to ask a lady her age!); and
  • if you are taking any medicines for mental or mood problems; and
  • Check with your doctor before you drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using Dantrium; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.

Baclofen is the usual muscle relaxant of choice. Has this been tried?

cherish
1 year ago

Good morning to you Mr @stumbler 😘

I do hope you are well or wellish?

I was on baclofen for 7yrs and i think it kinda done its duty then gave up.
I’ve now been on dantrolene for 9/10mnths and its a pesky bugger of a tablet. Constantly get Lfts as i think that’s the only thing that is worrying about it.

So, im still getting fairly bad clonus but tbh its less frequent than before, but when it comes i can’t move as my legs fold in on walking then kick out on resting.

So I’ve now to top it up with Valium.

I just can’t find anyone that takes it.
So it leaves me wondering why he thinks its a drug for me but no one else.

John, im maybe the special one 😂😂😂

cherish
1 year ago

PS….. Ask my age if you like

Im 27

😂😂😂😂😂

stumbler
1 year ago

@cherish , that’s the problem with muscle relaxants, they can leave your legs weak for standing/walking.

You’re probably on it as the Baclofen had become ineffective. Whether it is the right one for a “27 year old” is questionable and your Doctor should be asked.

We’ve probably been through this before, but have you tried stretching exercises? Dare I say that Yoga may be beneficial.

cherish
1 year ago

I do stand as much as possible and lift my toes (heels on ground) but it aint half difficult of late.

I went back to the 5rs group in Aberdeen for 10 more weeks and we done Pilate’s, yoga etc each week, even a bit of tai chi 😂

I find it so hard to relax enough to see benefits from it.

I think i asked about dantrolene today as im still not convinced its the correct drug for the clonus.

Im sure there could be others i could be tried on? Have neuro next week anyway, I’ll ask.

Wish i was 27, i could run marathons and go kayaking, work full time etc. 😂😂 xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.