moonstone 06/02/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Curiosity

I’m a newbie, and a very curious one at that, because I am seeing an almost total, dare I say it, blanket ban on talking about complimentary medicine.

I’m very interested in this subject as I see it changing lives with all illness/diseases and mindsets.

I’ve had wonderful results, so much so I decided to start using it.

I’d love to know what others think, because there seems to be a wall up, do not upset the apple cart, the medics know best.

Perhaps its time we challenged them.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Anonymous
1 year ago

@moonstone – the name gives it away 🙂

ok I’m listening (& being a former hippy living in a tee pee I am open to various concepts)
what suggestions have you got?

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @moonstone and welcome.

I can’t say that the Forum is averse to any complementary therapy. We’re often discussing HyperBaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) , yoga, Pilates, acupuncture, to mention just a few.

We welcome tales of personal experience.

cameron
1 year ago

The main thing I take from complementary medicines is that they can put your body in a better place so that it is more receptive to the conventional treatment. Any drug is going to be more effective if it is working in a healthy body and with MS (I guess with other illnesses as well) there are multiple reasons why it’s so hard to keep in shape. So yes – bring them on. Just don’t imagine they are going to alter or replace the action of DMTs.

simone2
1 year ago

Hi, I would much rather take complementary than conventional treatment, I am very allergy to lots of conventional drugs so I am not any DMTs drugs,I follow a strict diet I haven’t had any relapses in 5 years, I am more interested natural treatments, I do Taichi and find my balance is so much better since starting Taichi and I try to do meditation everyday.

mmhhpp
1 year ago

Complementary medicine will not cure you so i am out!

koffeelover
1 year ago

I think we’re all wary of ‘snake oil’ salesmen!!
But complimentary medicine is just that – complimentary, intended to enhance holistic care, not replace scientifically proven medicine. If I rely purely on complimentary therapies (as MSers had to until about 10 years ago) I would definitely get worse because my MS is very aggressive.
But with Tysabri I can slow MS down considerably, and the complimentary therapies that I use – mindfulness, pilates, HBOT, – help me to remain focussed on today and get the most out of life!!
🙂

kinga
1 year ago

I read a lot abt complimentary medicine and try to use it as much as possible
Indeed I wouldn’t give up a “normal” treatments but im a strong believer that complimentary med. can help soooo much!
Im at the beginning of it all so im still doing lots of research on this.

potter
1 year ago

I am with Kinga on this, let us know what you have on your mind. There is probably someone here that has tried it. Potter

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.