Last reply 6 days ago
Crawling under skin

Hi everyone, not been on here in ages. Currently still recovering from a big relapse but at this present time what is really getting me down is this CRAZY CRAWLING ITCHY FEELING under my skin. It’s driving me Insane!!!! I’ve scratched it that much I’ve made it sore, but you just can’t help it. I can’t bare anything touching my neck, right shoulder or arm, keeps me awake at night hurts like a bitch when I shower. I want to cut it out its that bad. My Ms nurse said it’s nerve damage or could even be the Ms flaring up again. I’m currently taking Noratriptylne and it’s not making any difference Arrrghhhh😫. If anyone has had this please share as to how you coped with it. I also tried first infusion of Ocrevus in October and I had a severe allergic reaction so that’s another medication I can’t take. Neurologist wants me to try Cladrabine but instead of taking my first tablet at home I’ve got to go into hospital due to being so sensitive to medication. So frustrating.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

stumbler
6 days ago

@gemma81 , this article covers this type of symptom:-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/altered-sensations

As you will see, there are a variety of medications to treat this. It’s just a case of finding which one works for you and at what dosage.

gemma81
6 days ago

@stumbler, thank you very much for the shared link. I have read on that before. I’ve had this skin sensation before but not to this extent, it’s so painful. Thanks again

doubleo7hud
6 days ago

Fecking hate that itchy feeling it’s a reet sh1te try slapping instead of itching at it but not too hard to knock thee Sen aht and try focus on something else, read a book, play a game on your phone anything to get your mind off it. Your canister (brain) is complicated but you can trick the begger by been busy. πŸ˜‰

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.