Last reply 1 year ago
Confused with symptoms

Hi there, was diagnosed last Jan and have had varying symptoms throughout the year. However, these have never gone away. Now iv got a lazy left side, cant open my left eye on a morning. Headache on left side. Numb face and forehead. Pins and needles in face an hands and arms! Is this a relapse?? Totally fed up!! Stressed at work which isnt helping! Anybody take any meds that will help?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @sammymag and welcome.

MS is a progressive condition. Relapses can cause damage to specific neural pathways, which can leave us with lasting symptoms once the relapse is over.

The following website will provide some definitions, e.g. a relapse, for you :-

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/types-of-ms/relapsing-remitting-rrms

There are Disease Modifying Treatments (DMTs) available to reduce the severity and frequency of relapses. And, there are also other meds available to allow us to manage our MS symptoms.

Being stressed at work will potentially aggravate your MS. You might find some useful information about this by following the link in the following post, https://shift.ms/forums/topic/managing-stress-in-ms .

cameron
1 year ago

You need the medical support of an MS team to help with these issues. As @stumbler says, the meds available help to stabilise everything plus once you’re on treatment you get lots of help with symptoms. Don’t for heaven’s sake struggle with this on your own. xx

leena
1 year ago

I think dealing with your stress will ease some of your symptoms (as it does for me), though every case is different. I take whatever meds my neuro gives me (so please ask your doctor), but numbness could be neuralgia @sammymag

sammymag
1 year ago

Thanks guys, im on tecfidera and have been told it hasnt progressed in a year. Constant headaches are just getting to me now!! 😢

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.