Last reply 4 years ago
Cold feet!!

Okay so this is a weird one: When ever my feet get really really really cold part of them (usually the heel) gets really agonisingly painful for days afterwards. Anyone else experience this? Is it a weird MS thing or is it some other thing?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 years ago

@kirstyscotland8 , it does sound like one of these weird MS things.

If the brain isn’t receiving the correct information from these extremity nerve endings, then the brain doesn’t quite know what to do, e.g. increase the blood flow to regulate the temperature.

So, whilst this could be caused by “one of those MS things”, it’s important to ensure that this doesn’t cause a normal problem, e.g. associated with poor circulation.

It could be worth a chat with your MS Nurse, or even your GP.

kirstyscotland8
4 years ago

It doesn’t usually get a chance to happen because usually I am wearing at least 2 pairs of socks and 2pairs of tights on my feet. I got soaked in the rain the other night and was staying at my friends house so I didn’t have a change, and it was freezing and I wore the wet socks to bed. I will mention it to my MS nurse in a wee email though I think. 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.