sciencegeek 27/02/18
Last reply 2 weeks ago
Cladribine questions

Hey everyone – more questions about Cladribine.

I’m starting treatment on 19th March and I wondered if anyone has had the injections at the Royal London and cen tell me about the practicalities? Did you have to take much time off work? How did you feel in the days/weeks after the injections?

Did it impact your life much, and did you see much change in symptoms over the first or second years?

Thanks!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@sciencegeek , have a look through the previous posts on Cladribine.

Use the Forum Search function (magnifying glass top left) and search for “Cladribine”. 😉

sciencegeek
4 months ago

Yes – I had read the posts from @sewingchick but was looking for any more information… mostly I’m trying to prepare menatlly for whether I should expect to feel ill immediately afterwards or not.

Thanks!

lara279
4 months ago

I joined this group on FB – “Mavenclad (cladribine) for MS” – there are some accounts on there. Generally people aren’t really reporting any side effects.

lisapops
4 months ago

I have set up cladribine UK group on facebook

emmad1988
4 months ago

I had my first lot of Cladribine injections last September, next lot this September. I also had mine done at the Royal London. I didn’t have to take any time off work other then just a few hours for the injections. Literally takes less then 10 minutes and you are in and out. I felt absolutely fine after. The injection leaves a little lump under the skin but that quickly goes. Luckily no negative side effects to report and no new disease activity on my MRI in December. I would definitely recommend Cladribine in regards to side effects. Other then a few more winter colds then normal I have been absolutely fine.
The team at the Royal London are amazing and the nurses that give the injections are all so lovely. I have a huge needle phobia and they always make me feel at ease and calm me down. xx

mmhhpp
2 weeks ago

@sciencegeek

Did you take cladribine in the end? How are you doing? Xx

sciencegeek
2 weeks ago

I did. I was quite unlucky I think, in that during the week of the injections I was nauseous and pretty exhausted. Most people are apparently absolutely fine.

I haven’t had any infections or other problems.

I am now feeling back to normal (no better or worse than before I started). I haven’t had an MRI so I don’t know about lesions in the brain.

I’m really happy that it was the right choice for me, for now.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.