Last reply 2 months ago
Chiboy_best

@stumbler. Looking for advice is there any way to block this user as he keeps sending me friend requests I keep rejecting them. I’ve had about 5 in last couple days. Is anyone else on here getting multiple friend requests?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Anonymous
2 months ago

I’ve just had my third request from them.

kippink
2 months ago

I’ve had an email to say I’ve got a friend request but he/she is not in my friends list on here. Bit I am new so still finding my feet.

enja_nuccio
2 months ago

I just received the friend request and as soon as I opened the “request” window it disappeared. What the eff

wendyhills
2 months ago

I believe they have been removed

stumbler
2 months ago

@enja_nuccio , the comment above from @wendyhills is quite correct.

josfromglos
2 months ago

same here….. thank you all for ‘shining a light’….. how can these ‘shady friend requests’ be explained by the way, anyone?

stumbler
2 months ago

@josfromglos , Shift.MS is an open public forum. In that respect, we’re the same as any public place, where a “shady person” can run amok.

We do try and perform a cursory check on all new users, but there is limited information available to us. We predominately have to take on a reactive role, i.e. act when a “shady person” shows their true colours.

In this case, this “shady person” did not follow the normal course of events. They normally follow up successful Friend Requests with a Personal Message, suggesting an exchange of email addresses or promising untold riches from the African continent!

The activity of this “shady person” was being followed, as closely as we could, over the last 24 hours. It was when it became evident that they were sending out recurrent Friend Requests to members, who had previously declined them, that we had a justification to remove them from the Forum.

We do respect the Forum membership and do our best to afford protection from the bad part of the internet, which tries to take advantages of a vulnerable group.

cloudy
2 months ago

Thanks for keeping this group as it should be a place where members feel safe to have a whinge / moan or just keep track of others in the same boat not unwanted pests ……

stumbler
2 months ago

@cloudy , this Forum works because we come together and as a result we’re a formidable force.

We all work to help one another. 😉

norm
2 months ago

me too… thanks for removing him/them?

wjgregg
2 months ago

Two requests so far…

stumbler
2 months ago

@wjgregg , you shouldn’t get any further requests from this individual. 😉

rotherhamdave
2 months ago

I just left it, didn’t respond. Been all quiet

wendyhills
2 months ago

Thank you @stumbler

dmkfl1
2 months ago

Yes I get them as well. I think we just ignore and move on. Y

cclaire
2 months ago

Oh no, he wanted to meet up and thought we could be very good friends. Thank goodness common sense saved the day! I didn’t bother replying.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.