Last reply 5 months ago
Chest xray

Hey has anyone been sent for a chest X-ray before staring Lemtrada I got one today neuro sent for it but never said why xxx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

gee89
5 months ago

Hi,

Yes I had to have one a few weeks ago. I believe it’s to check for TB but I’m not 100% sure on that.

Do you have a date for your lemtrada yet? Hope it all goes well!

peterfrancis
5 months ago

I have never taken Lemtrada my self but I would imagine that the X Ray is to check and ensure that there is nothing else going on with you. I am aware that Lemtrada can cause pretty bad side effects, so again it could be a case of checking and making sure you are fit enough to take it.

zarah
5 months ago

No date yet @gee89 I know it will most likely be after July but if a wait in Glasgow hosps so hopefully I will get a date thru soon so I can plan around it.

Thanks @peterfrancis ur prob right make sure am fit n ready for treatment better too be safe than sorry I suppose

kermujin
5 months ago

Here in Canada the chest xray is the second part to a TB test, along with the skin pop. I also had the TB test/xray, an ecg, and a raft of tests to check immunities before I started the Lemtrada.

I hope it goes well for you! A couple of pretty minor things aside, it was pretty smooth for me. Just remember you’ll be immune compromised for a few months, even if you feel great. πŸ˜€ The surprise for me was a UTI nearly four months after the treatment. πŸ˜‰

zarah
5 months ago

Hey just got my date thru starting in August feeling anxious now a bump of reality setting in 😨

Hey @kermujin gettin more tests tomorrow b got my date thru so it’s all go.

kermujin
5 months ago

Hey @zarah that’s great! I was nervous too, not knowing what I was in for. It was actually pretty smooth. Just get lots of rest and eat well in the weeks leading up. And hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Get used to drinking tonnes of water; it makes it much easier for them to find a vein, and during and after the treatment lots of water helps your body flush the leukocytes.
Try not to stress too much! (yeah, easy to say, right? πŸ˜‰

umranakaalp
5 months ago

Chest XRay is for TB. My husband just got his first round, he was very nervous either , but he did great, and now in recovery. I wish you the very best of luck.

andy365
5 months ago

Hi

Yes I had to have chest x ray as my bloods came back possible TB 😳

They didn’t find anything on the x ray but had to see a chest consultant to be given the green light for Lemtrada. Sometimes they said bloods can give a false positive or you may have latent TB.

Anyhow I had round 1 last year and have round 2 in 3 weeks time.

You will be fine, don’t stress drink plenty of water well before and after. Andy

zarah
5 months ago

Hey @andy365

Must have given u a fright mayb havin tb just adding to ur stress levels 😱 glad everything worked out n Lemtrada was easy going for u. I got my bloods done yesterday took them 3 try’s as I have tiny veins πŸ’‰πŸ’‰

andy365
5 months ago

Yes it was concerning as my wife hasn’t be vaccinated against TB so felt a bit like a social lepper in our house 😧

It all worked out in the end and Lem is working I think round 2 in June not long now.

Small veins may be a irritation for you and the staff with monthly blood test, hope that works out πŸ™

Good luck, Andy

zarah
5 months ago

Could tell the ms nurse was starting to lose some patience wiv my veins πŸ™ˆ finally found a good one so she wrote down what arm n where abouts πŸ˜‚ hopefully don’t need as many tries from now on lol

stumbler
5 months ago

@zarah , have a glass of water before you have blood taken. It helps the veins show. πŸ˜‰

zarah
5 months ago

I did that @stumbler before I went n the nurse had me run my hands under warm water as well they just weren’t for it πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆπŸ’‰

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.