Last reply 2 days ago
Chest pain

Hello my name is Jess and I have been diagnosed with MS since Jan 13 of this year and i have had many different symptoms and pains but since Friday evening I have had really bad chest pains come and go
Not really sure if it’s an MS hug or something different I go to the dr tomorrow was wondering if anyone else has had this happen or can give me some advice thank you

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 days ago

@jessica_lovell , here’s some details about the “MS Hug” :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/ms-hug

It does help to understand what it entails, to work out whether you have it.

But, as the article advises, it’s wise to get the advice of a medical professional, because we can suffer from “normal” ailments too.

look
3 days ago

Hi @jessica_lovell,
I just had to respond as, if it is the old ‘hug’ thing, it is really annoying and can be very scary. I would definitely call ms nurse for advice. I used to think I was having a heart attack, especially as there was a crushing sensation on chest and I couldn’t speak. My GP looked really worried and advised A&E but when I spoke to ms nurses they said, after I had been to my GP to have cardio gram etc, it was the ms hug and Neuro suggested Gabapentin. Also, now my GP prescribes me with emergency supply of Diazepam (low dose) so if I should get one of these things, which are out of the blue and debilitating, I just take the small dose of Diazepam and it just relaxes the spasm in chest/intercostal muscles. It has given me the feeling of a little bit of control over a seemingly uncontrollable situation! I hope you get on okay, definitely get it checked out to find out if it is an ms thing or not. At least your GP can check things over for you? Sorry, my reply is going on a bit – hope you get some answers – best wishes,
Loo-K 🙂

grandma
2 days ago

Jessic did you go to yr dctors? Have you got any answers? Let us know😍

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.