northernlass 16/01/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Car tax reduction if you get PIP mobilty

I have just discovered about car tax reductions if you receive PIP at either Standard rate mobility or Enhanced rate mobility. If you are in receipt of Standard rate mobility you can get 50% reduction off of your car tax by applying to the DVLA and sending your letter of entitlement as proof and if you receive Enhanced rate of mobility you can get 100% reduction in your car tax. I know if you get Enhanced rate of mobility you can also give it up that part of your benefit and get a mobility car (which is great but I think that is almost £85 per week and you don’t get to keep the car.. it’s only loaned out to you, plus side you can get a newer one every 3 years I think.. but look into the details first) so if you have been lucky enough to get either award for mobility and you have your own car then you can apply to the DVLA for a reduction… every little helps 😀

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

katfight
3 years ago

@northernlass suppose we gotta have some benefits lol… Thanks for the info tho much appreciated 😉

graham100
3 years ago

Hi northernlass. Hi rate is £56 you give up for car. Tax insurance for two people plus servicing tyres everything just put fuel in it. But to be honest I wish I wasn’t entitled to it.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.