grahamjk 09/04/17
Last reply 10 months ago
Car modification help??

Hi all, I was just wondering if it possible to get financial help to modify my car to hand controls? Let me start with the basics, I am only on pip for mobility so no mobility car! And I am on esa as I struggle to work. I would want the hand controls as when I’ve been out, most of the time I have to sit for a while as I struggle to move my feet between the pedals. It is an automatic car so that’s not an issue. Anybody got any ideas?..
Thanks Graham

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

10 months ago

@grahamjk , if you’ve been awarded the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of PIP, you would be eligible for a motability vehicle.

Otherwise, contact the MS Society ( ) and see if they can help with a grant.

Alternatively, if you use your car for work, then see if this scheme could help, .

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.