Last reply 5 years ago
Cannabis? Any users?

I have relapsing remitting MS and I use cannabis, not ’cause I think that will help me somehow, i just love 2 get high. 🙂
What about you guys?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

aardvark
6 years ago

Hi @emptyzomby

I was a heavy user during my 30s and early 40s. Ironically, I had no idea at the time that I was going to be diagnosed with MS, so I can’t claim to have been smoking it for its medical benefits. I guess I just liked getting high too 🙂

Mark

Anonymous
6 years ago

You guy’s are awesome!! I use to smoke but fear of losing my job I had to put that activity on hold 🙂 . I’m curious of it’s medical benefits. Have a great day.

Marcus

bubblesgalore
6 years ago

am struggling at the moment so might indulge in some tonight
x

reens
6 years ago

I dabbled when I was younger, and feel like having it some days, just to chill out..be stress free like my nurse tells me to and laugh at nothing 😀

ricanfemale30
6 years ago

I smoke from the time i get up till i go to bed..i use becuz it relieves my symptoms but the plus side is a nice relaxed feeling!

aardvark
6 years ago

Hi @ricanfemale30 I used to smoke with a sense of commitment too, but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your POV) the weed in the UK is too damn strong nowadays – it’s impossible to get nice buzzy “session” weed now, you can only find paranoia inducing turbo strength space weed that should probably be classified as a class A drug. Thanks for that prohibition.

Mark

chueykooh
6 years ago

Before my official diagnosis in 04 I used to smoke like a chimney, I actually thought I fried my brain smoking so much, but it turned out to be MS, lol. I still smoke ( for 22 years now) but it does not help my MS symptoms, and with the dizziness and confusion I sometimes wonder if I should be smoking at all. It definitely doesn’t help with cognition or balance but takes my mind off my MS a lot of times. Ha, forgetfulness can be a good thing sometimes.

rubytuesday
6 years ago

I was a veteran pot head for a decade before I was diagnosed. A while after my diagnosis I chose to slow down cuz it actually seemed to exagerate symptoms like brain fog and the buzzing and weakness I get in my arms :S not to mention it was just making me paranoid that every weird sensation I had was my ms! Since giving birth to my daughter 10 weeks ago I havent touched it… haha maybe I am a born again virgin lung (not likely). I am pro using weed if it helps you medically or if you plain just enjoy it. Wish i could still partake!

carolyn22
6 years ago

Years ago i smoked it for fun………But now it makes me paranoid if I’ve had a wee spliff at a party!!! Best avoided for me as am mad enough!!!!!! Enjoy yer wee puff!!!!

Lillylilly
6 years ago

I’ve been smoking pot every day for years, just for fun.
I had actually taken a break from it for four months, then got diagnosed with MS, so started again!!! I like to tell myself giving it up is what gave me MS 😉
I don’t notice a relief in my symptoms at all, but I have never had MS without smoking pot so I don’t know if I would fall apart if I stopped smoking.
It has always helped me with my stress levels and sleeping though. I get all my daytime chores out of the way, and once the evening hits, I spark up. I never smoked while working and I wouldn’t smoke if I had anything important to do.
They are looking at bringing that Sativex stuff into Ireland, which interests me.

michaeljohn
5 years ago

Hi Emptyzomby
I have found a very good system. I use the Swank low fat diet and pure cannabis (never ever use tobacco because it brings on symptoms and now I usually vapourize). I feel great and instead of relapsing I’m off on holiday next weekend.
Nigel

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.