dizzy
5 years ago
Can t tell what s what!

I have rr ms, been diagnosed nearly a yr, still not coping with it at all but also have bursitis and a prolapsed disc. i can t tell what pain belongs to what and not got much advice from my gp. finding it a bit scary. really hoping alot of the pain can be treated and will go away but what if its the ms and i m stuck with it?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous

I don’t have a dx yet…but I can completely relate. I have terrible chronic pain that prevents me from doing a lot and I worry about being stuck with it.

There is a lot of home remedies to try for pain. Yoga and meditation can help a lot! Stretching and staying active (as horridly difficult as that can be sometimes) do really help. There are some natural roots and herbs that can be used…like turmeric and cayenne pepper in pill form taken with meals…as well as topical ointments such as icy-hot.

I would definitely push your doctor for help. If your GP wont help…go to your MS nurse or neurologist. Especially since you do have more then one health issue that can cause pain…I would really become a nuisance and get help. If there is nothing to be done or they can’t really tell if it is the MS or the bursitis…maybe requesting pain medication would be the way to go. My partner has bursitis in his shoulders and I know he does physical therapy to help with the pain.

Please feel free to contact me to chat! Chronic pain is definitely not something to go through alone.

Ta chel, nice to talk to someone. Got an apt to see my doc next week. Already take a mountain of vitamins coz i read somewhere it would help. My physio signed me off as he says there is nothin more he can do and given me a file of exercises to continue with but must say i’m finding it hard to motivate myself at the mo. Am willing to try anything so thanks will look up herbal remedies. Someone told me to try acupunture, u tried that? Am on pain releif medication but don t feel like but dont feel like its working. x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.