Last reply 11 months ago
Can a relapse last a couple of days?

Hello everyone, does anybody know if a relapse can last a couple of days or does it need to be around 6 weeks to be classed as relapse? I find my limbs very heavy and feel strange today, I haven’t been able to stand without feeling wobbly and almost faint (without being light headed) Now it could be exhaustion or the flu coming on….? I’m just curious if I wake up tomorrow and feel fine, was that a relapse or non MS related?
Thanks! Happy new year!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
11 months ago

@katiecog , there’s a good definition of a relapse here :-

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/types-of-ms/relapsing-remitting-rrms

Just be aware that you can suffer a “pseudo-exacerbation”, if your body is dealing with an infection, e.g. a UTI, flu, etc.. This would be a temporary worsening of symptoms, until the underlying infection is resolved.

That’s the main reason that a flu jab is recommended for those with MS.

nutshell88
11 months ago

one day i worked from 9 am to 9 pm when i returned home right before i reach there i noticed that im walking on my thigh legs fliped or bended in a very scary way while limping people in street helped me to reach a seat i did sit 5 minutes then stood right relapses last couple of days 1 week or couple of weeks with me only.

hope you’re feeling better

be safe
R

katiecog
11 months ago

Thanks for the link @stumbler I’d say it’s brought on by stress or over tired after christmas, trying to relax now…

And @nutshell88 I hope that was the last 12 hour shift you did. Your story is nice though because it showed how kind people were to help a stranger in difficulty. I’d say I’d end up in hospital if I worked 12 hours straight, haha.

nutshell88
11 months ago

Frankly it wasnt just work I worked 6 hrs in an office at citizens advice couple of hrs college to learn english couple of hrs waiting on a transaction at western general near my home and after it happened hehe. I was at edinburgh but im from saudi it was nearly 12 yrs afger diagnosis.

clare12
11 months ago

Hello, think it’s pretty normal for a relapse to last a good couple of days. Mine usually can go on for about 3 to 7 days. But my first ever relapse lasted for around 4ish weeks.. For me it’s always depended on the type of one I’m having.
Hope you feel better soon!

stumbler
11 months ago

@katiecog , being tired can make your MS “nag” you, so that you can take heed of the warning and relax/rest up a bit.

Stress is a different beast. But, I appreciate that the festive season puts a lot of stress on the fairer sex, who seem to make everything happen. It’s a good job it only comes once a year!

Try and work/live within your capabilities (if only life was that simple!).

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.