Last reply 1 year ago
Calf pain

Yesterday I woke with ache in my right calf it has spread up behind my knee and feels like my leg on fire from the thigh down I have in the past suffered with siatica any body had same symptoms Iā€™m thinking is it a relapse ?? And what can I do to help myself ?? Any suggestions appreciated x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ā€˜xā€™.

cameron
1 year ago

Does sound like a flare-up, unless you’ve done an injury to yourself that’s causing it. I was told that back pain typically doesn’t set in till 24 hours after the damage is caused because it takes that long for inflammation to build. Is that a possibility? If not, I would start keeping a symptoms diary, recording the level of pain three times a day. This to be shown/read out to your MS nurse (say) on Monday, if things haven’t settled, so that s/he can recommend treatment. In the meantime, it has to be rest and as many distracting activities that you can think of to divert the brain, Think chocolate, DVDs, wine etc. x

adelec
1 year ago

Yes my thoughts too thanks if it continues over the weekend will speak to nurse Monday thanks šŸ˜€

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.