Last reply 1 year ago
Blog for newly or pre-diagnosed

Just written a new blog post. Newly diagnosed or in the process of diagnosis please have a read https://multiplesclerosisgeek.wordpress.com

I hope I haven’t offended anyone with the forum comments, I know that they can be helpful and a good way to vent but can also be a frightening read for someone newly diagnosed trying to keep positive 😊

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

red-suzuki
1 year ago

Well I don’t use Facebook, so can’t really comment….yes as you say we are all different…all I can say to you after reading your heartfelt comments on your blog is go for it gal……have a great time in the states…enjoy every minute of your road trip….show MS who’s boss….& stay & keep +ve

stumbler
1 year ago

@gingeral , I had a quick scan of your blog. I couldn’t disagree with any of your sub-headings at all!

Blogs do get these things off your chest, so keep using it to manage your situation.

Yes, enjoy your road trip. And, look after your fella. I lost a cousin to CF, but this was some 50 years ago, so I sincerely hope the prognosis has improved.

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Agree with suki and stumbler but I’m working on a blog type thing at the moment too stop watering down the market 😂 it’s bloody expensive hosting your own when you have three kids te feed and they eat fecking loads.

Ps good luck and enjoy yer travels peace outty and up the fucking town

keifib
1 year ago

Great Blog! Well done! I’ve found a combination of positivity, healthy eating and regular exercise are a great starter point. They’re not always going to be there at the same time but always try go back when you fall off track. I’m on Copaxone 3 times a week too! I just had my 254th injection and it stung really bad! I must remember to leave it out of the fridge for a prolonged period before injecting!

Look forward to following your story!

nicecupoftea
1 year ago

Hi, took a look at your blog, it’s great! I’ve bookmarked it so looking forward to checking in again.

I have also started a blog but it’s just for me really, and anyone I invite so they need to already have the dubious honour of knowing the inner workings of my mind.

When I was 25, I already had MS symptoms but no diagnosis, I also went for a big trip around America and Canada – I did 16 days from San Francisco to Seattle, Vancouver, sleeper train to Toronto, New York, home! It was amazing and I loved every minute of it, 4 years ago and I still get a buzz thinking about it. You seem like the kind of person who will make the most out of it and have a great time, and I hope you do just that! 😀

Your blog is really great. Good luck on your trip. You will be driving past us (we live 25 miles south of San Francisco). The weather is beautiful right now and hopefully you will enjoy the sun. My wife is probably in a similar space to you. We took a three week trip to Europe last year but it was just before we knew she had MS. If you want any suggestions or have questions on your trip feel free to send me a message. I am sure you know already but San Francisco is actually the coldest city in the US during the summer (still not that cold) but you will likely need an assortment of layers on your trip. Also there are a few areas that have a lot of traffic because of our heavy rains this year washed out some roads on the coast so a few areas are best avoided.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.