Last reply 1 month ago
Bladder wall thickening – MS link?

Hello everyone
Over the past year or so i have bladder problems- from a symptom perspective mainly frequent urination. Saw two urologists, did blood tests, urine tests, semen tests, and sono of kidneys and prostate and result is that my bladder wall is thick, but nothing else was found.

Considered that i have a non confirmed MS diagnosis (non active lessions in brain), can someone advise what are doctors findings with MS patients?

Because i believe that my non confirmed MS might be the cause, but i dont know how MS related bladder issues are identified by a urologist? Because one of my urologists advised that i have a overactive bladder.

Is bladder wall thickening a MS related bladder symptom?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@matus82 , here’s some details about the bladder problems experienced with MS :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/bladder-problems

Whilst you have a non-active lesion, this could have left scarring, which may be the cause of your issue. Bladder wall thickening may be a symptom of an MS problem………

As overactive bladder has been mentioned, your urologist should be considering one of the medications to relax the bladder.

matus82
1 month ago

Hi Stumbler, i did get Spasmex 30mg to take once daily for 30 days. Reading online it works against overactive bladder and UTIs…
Lets see what happens after 30 days…

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.