Last reply 4 months ago
bladder problems

Firstly thank you to the nice responses, glad to be of help.

I would welcome any advice/tips on aeroplane travel because i need to go to the loo every hour. Have traveled by air before but becoming worried now if there are delays when on the plane so the loos are closed i.e turbulance. Am also embarressed if the flight is more than 2 hours or so have avoided places further afield. Do other stuff but sometimes i think it would be nice to try more exotic places. when you are older you have more disposable income not to mention time but lack ability etc at the same time it is a rare beast that has no cross to bear in lifes senior stage. i know.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@iris, have you asked your MS Nurse for incontinence assistance? It affects a lot of people, not only MSers.

There’s a range of options available to you, but only if you ask for help.

iris
4 months ago

Yes years ago. not incontinent …… yet ?????????????? there is a drug but you have to take it every day . side effects increased risk of dementia Weigh up pros and cons . know where all loos are , home and abroad plus timigs etc but just think of further air travel for now. if i can do nothing at all will consider further

leighlincoln
4 months ago

Hi Iris,

which medication is it thanks taken daily and may increase the risk of dementia. I’ve tried a couple Ditropan I think was one can’t remember the other, yes that’s right it was an Oxytrol patch neither of which worked for me.

I have travelled between the u.k. and Australia a few times and just double pad and make sure I hve a seat near the toilet.

mlm85
4 months ago

I literally just went through the same thing and flew to europe from Australia and back and i have major incontinence issues… backro aisle seat next to toilet was the best thing for me!! Choose your seats wisely!!!

grandma
4 months ago

Sitting close to the loo is helpful, but a ‘she wee ‘ works, it’s amazing how subtly you can use it,. Travel in a full skirt, obviously avoiding trousers, and you will be amazed what you can get away with especially on a long flight!🤙

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.