multiple1 12/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
bladder problems

Evening all,
This is first time I have actually logged on here……..
I have a question about bladder issues, I have been prescribed Oxybutyin for controlling my bladder which is a real pain at night, its worse than having a new born!!!!!

Anyway, just wondered if anyone can offer advice on best time to take???? First thing when I get up or before bed???

Sx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @multiple1 ,

Contact your MS Nurse and ask to be referred to your local continence service. Whilst we can suffer from an overactive bladder, we can also suffer from retention, which exacerbates the frequency/urge incontinence. So, it’s recommended to get your “waterworks” checked out first, so you’re addressing the right problems.

Oxybutynin is just one of the medications available and I believe it can be taken several times a day, if needed. But, please check this out with your MS Nurse first

multiple1
1 year ago

Thanks for your reply.
I got referred to the continence nurse who has been fabulous and prescribed Oxybutynin today for me. i have taken a tablet at 3pm because I can’t remember when she said to take!!!! & just wanted a second opinion!!!!

stumbler
1 year ago

@multiple1 , were they able to perform an ultrasound scan on your bladder to check for retention?

lucyh
1 year ago

Dear @multiple1, it’s usually a very sympathetic bunch who work at these clinics, as no-one wants to talk about their waterworks with a stranger, so why not give them a call for advice? A good receptionist can ask the nurse and relay the info back to you, so you won’t need another appt.

Take care, lucyh

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.