emlaloula 07/05/17
Last reply 9 months ago
Bestfriends hen do is at a spa 😢

My best friend is getting married and her Surprise Hen do organised by another friend is at a spa.
A Spar of all things! The heat will destroy me. There is afternoon tea beforehand but the venue isn’t easy to get to and I don’t drive.
I could cry right now.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

merfield
9 months ago

How upsetting but hey….if you got I touch with the venue and explain your problem they may have helpful suggestions and couldn’t another guest take you to and from? If the worst comes to the worst….enjoy the main event, The Wedding!!!!, the hen do is just the preamble. Fun if you can but not a disaster if you can’t xx

mermaidia11
9 months ago

what a predicament chick,.. but
My advice?
Feel the fear and do it anyway girl!

A spa isn’t just a boiling hot bath, there will be lots of other things too…including a plunge pool – which will be freezing
I go from hot to cold very quickly because of the presence of water, which does cool you down if you sit in a wet cossie and don’t stay in too long ?
The will also be massages, facials, manicures Etc, so you could treat yourself to a massage and manicure, while your girls are in the water, if you really don’t get in – you could get your cossie on and lie on a sun lounger?
The water will cool you down, if you sit in a draft?
Having wet hair, putting your wrists under a cold tap cool your blood as well, I do this whemever I get hot? And take aspirin/ibruprofen/paracetamol before u go..
The bigger picture is that your girls will miss you if you don’t go and you could miss out on a really great day out bonding with your sistas and having a laugh and a pamper, it sounds like you deserve it …

mermaidia11
9 months ago

… and they obviously want you there, so get one of to take you? That’s what friends r for !

Anonymous
9 months ago

Hi @emlaloula mermaidia11 is right. There are loads of pampering treats you can have. You don’t have to do the steam or the sauna and there should be a chill out area. Or just lounge by the pool and catch up with the girls. Look online at the place first and plan your time there. Can you get a cab or scrounge a lift from anyone too?

You’ll have loadsa fun. Enjoy. 😁

emlaloula
9 months ago

Sorry, I failed to mention that I have an angry rash on my body believed to be a type of Eczema destroying and scarring my skin, face and body.
I checked the treatment options that are part of the spa package and they all seem to involve oils or massage so not a good idea.
To make things worse it was noticed at my Neuro appt today and they are concerned and putting through an urgent Dermatology referral.

emlaloula
9 months ago

Don’t think I’ll make it to the hen do. Thanks for your replies though, it’s appreciated. Made me check what options are available.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.