toiling 27/04/17
Last reply 9 months ago
Best Medication…..

Good Morning!!! I am new to this community…..How is everyone doing….Getting right to the point….I was an English Teacher with Chicago Public Schools. Upon being
diagnosed with RELAPSING/REMITTING MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, my life changed…. I was released from Chicago Public Schools. I am on Social Security Disability. I have been released from my regular Blue Cross Blue Shied Insurance Plan. I now receive Medicaid. Unfortunately, my medication has changed from REBIF to COPAXONE. I have been having a horrible time;walking and vision. It seems that I am deteriorating!!! Do I need another medication??? I NEED HELP??? PLEASE, IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME WHAT MEDICATION MIGHT ASSIST ME IN FEELING ,BETTER!!! HELP,PLEASE…….THANK YOU!!!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
9 months ago

Hi @toiling and welcome.

Both Rebif and Copaxone are considered first line Disease Modifying Treatments (DMTs). If you are still relapsing then a more aggressive treatment needs to be considered.

There’s a range of DMTs now available including oral and infusion treatments.

It’s best to discuss with your Neuro to see what is available and what is achievable.

reds44
9 months ago

You can ask your Dr. about Lemtrada.

mmhhpp
9 months ago

Unfortunatelly the drugs out there are disease modifying ones. I am on gilenya and after 4 years on it i started going down…..lemtrada seems to be the strongest, people on it and your Dr may advise you on it…

janicelapham
9 months ago

I’ve been on Tysabri for almost 6 years now. I believe it has worked beautifully for me. I’ve had no side effects with the monthly infusions. No major exacerbations! I’m JCV negative, so I don’t really worry to much about PML.
I’ve been on Copaxone, Rebif and Navantron. My MRIs over the last 6 years have shown no new lesions, I had 15 when I started on Tysabri. I had a medi port implanted to make the monthly infusion easier. The infusion are extremely easy. I’m there for 2 1/2 hours were I can nap, read or be on my iPad, I have even watched movies. It’s also great to be able to talk to other patients. I kinda think of it as a little”me” time. I was even extremely sick in 2013 with c-diff, 4 months hospitalized and 5 surgeries. My neurologist believes if I hadn’t been on Tysabri at the time I probably would have had one, the stress alone from that ordeal would have caused a major flare. I’m so thankful to Biogen for all their help

californiadreamin
9 months ago

Since it seems like you are in the US consider asking about Ocrevus. It is now available but I am not sure what the insurance situation will be short term. It could be the most effective for the amount of risk. My wife is using Tecfidera right now.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.