sazjh 18/07/12
Last reply 5 years ago
Benign MS

Hi all

I was just wondering whether anyone else had been diagnosed with benign MS. I was over 10 years ago but in all that time I’ve never actually found anyone else that has. I’ve had some people who ‘claim’ I don’t have MS as it’s not the ‘proper’ kind (mad hey). Would be interested to hear from people.

Keep well all

Sx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lottie
5 years ago

my ms was diagnosed as benign and although no severe relapses there is disease activity and so “upgraded” 🙂 to rrms

Anonymous
5 years ago

It seems that there are all types of forms of MS. There are the three standard types (Each standard type having two different stages each) and then two rare types. I’ve never heard of benign MS but its existence definitely doesn’t surprise me.

How does Benign MS work?

chueykooh
5 years ago

One of my best friends from California has benign MS. He had one attack almost 20 years ago that was speech problems and cognitive issues and bells palsy. He went on betasteron for a year and hasn’t taken anything since. His last MRI 10 years ago showed no new lesions and the few that were there have almost completely disappeared. He hasn’t had any symptoms since but he says the heat does get to him still.

lottie
5 years ago

benign MS in my eyes is just like RRMS with hardly any disease activity. Lots of years between relapses or just one relaps known. and very minimal lesion load.But don’t be fooled by the term benign though. The diagnoses really can only ever be made for sure after years and years of being completely relapse free. Well that’s how my Neuro explained it to me.
🙂

sazjh
5 years ago

I guess I do see it as RRMS by another name, just grateful I’ve only had 2 incidents in 20 years. You never quite know when it’s going to strike again though do you. Just trying to eat healthy, exercise daily and hope for the best.

stiv3n2000
5 years ago

I second that shazj, currently off work at the comment with my first real relapse in 4 years. To date since diagnosis some 23 years ago I’ve been fortunate enough to only have the odd relapse that have called for steroids. Unfortunately one of those resulted in the loss of sight on one eye , but so far so good.
Can’t wait to get over this one and get back to enjoying my sessions at the gym. Stiv

stiv3n2000
5 years ago

sorry sazjh, correct .txt on android a real pain sometimes!

sazjh
5 years ago

I’ve been called worse lol…..and yes, bloomin auto correct drives me nuts too ….. aaargh!

I lost the sight in my left eye around 10 years ago, just had to wait for a month or so for it to return (didn’t take anything). I recently met with Ultralase to see whether they could help but needless to say, they wouldn’t dare touch me. Frustrating as sight is probably my main problem, always has been.

Anyway, hope you’re back at the gym soon 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.