Last reply 1 year ago
Benefits of bee pollen?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has heard of bee pollen extract being beneficial in helping with MS symptoms? I’d never heard this before until recently & am generally very sceptical about this kind of advice but thought I’d ask if anyone has come across this?

Thanks 😊

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Bees don’t make pollen, @gilbo , plants do! I’m confused already……… 😕

gilbo
1 year ago

Haha very good point Stumbler! That got me wondering about bee pollen so just looked it up & apparently bee pollen is the pollen that has been packed by worker honey bees into pellets (according to Wikipedia so must be true!!!! 😏)
It was a colleague who mentioned it but I have a feeling there’s not much to support supposed benefits.

stumbler
1 year ago

@gilbo , I googled “MS and Bee Pollen”. The first website had this opening line:-

“Several studies have found that Bee Pollen can prove to be beneficial in case of multiple of Sclerosis.”

Hmmmm…………

gilbo
1 year ago

I agree with your Hmmmm Stumbler! I think this is something best not explored further by me & put it down to someone trying to be helpful but with little real knowledge. Thanks x

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Sounds like a steaming pile to me. I think I read somewhere you have to avoid honey 🍯 if you have ms???? It’s swank I think. Iv been offered magnets before there the new cure don’t you know fix everything 😂

gilbo
1 year ago

Yeah @doubleleo7hud I’m tired of being told all things I should be trying by people who really haven’t got a clue but want to help. Think I’ll stick with Lemtrada & Pilates with some healthy meals thrown in (when I don’t get too diverted by wine & cake!)

Anonymous
1 year ago

I used to keep bees..their a dodgy bunch who wander round in white hooded uniforms … best avoided as you could get stung… I am off now 😬

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.