bethyannelies 20/03/18
Last reply 1 month ago
Baclofen

Hi all
I am about to begin taking baclofen, and I’ve read that it can make muscles weaker. Has anyone has success with baclofen for spasms and stiffness who already had muscle weakness? Mine is already pretty severe, I’m in a wheelchair and fall daily because of the weakness so don’t particularly want something to make it worse.
Any input would be appreciated 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@bethyannelies , you’re right. Baclofen is a muscle relaxant, used to treat spasms and spasticity.

It’s one of those drugs where you should only take enough to ease the spasms, as too much and the legs give way. So, finding the correct dosage for you is a case of trial and error.

billkittens
1 month ago

@bethyannelies

I echo @stumbler comments

My experience very much one of trial and error when it comes to Baclofen.

For me

I’ve come to appreciate after 3+ years of taking

To gradually increase dosage until I hit a comfortable zone.

Rushing dose increase in macho way set me back with untold wobblyness and major drowsiness….the effects made me give up….but I returned to it, in gradual way….respecting its powers over me! Quite a beast lol

All the best with it

billkittens
1 month ago

for Me again

with leg movements

Without a medic’s / physio help

I found it difficult to gauge the difference between muscle weakness and spasticity

kathboo
1 month ago

I agree, very much trial and error. I’ve taken Baclofen for the last 5 years and have gone from 10mg up to 70mg and back down again. Start slowly and increase the dosage by 5 mg, maybe weekly, until you find the right level for you. Rushing it will make you extremely tired which will make your weakness worse anyway!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.