Last reply 9 months ago
Back problems

Hi guys! I’ve just been diagnosed with Spondylolisthesis Spondelolesys, I have a low vertebra that has sipped forward, it is compressing the disc and the nerves in my lover back. It’s very painful for me and it’s been getting worse for years. I finally got a doctor to stop blaming my pain and tired legs on my MS and send me for x-rays. Coincidentally, they also found that I have Spina Bifida that is so mild, they say I wouldn’t have known it was there if it weren’t for the slipped vertebra and x-rays.
Just wondering if anyone else have experienced this and if it has anything to do with the MS? I’m going to let my neurologist know next week, but I found it so interesting how the symptoms are similar to the MS and was easily dismissed as that. I wish I had known sooner I would have started physiotherapy.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
9 months ago

@betty , there’s a lesson for us all there. We shouldn’t blame everything on our MS. We can be affected by other maladies too.

There could be a link between your two conditions. MS can cause specific weaknesses, which we automatically compensate for. This automatic compensation can introduce bad practice/posture, which can put unnatural pressure on muscles and joints creating musculo-skeletal problems.

A decent neuro-physio should be able to assess what issues you have and prescribe simple exercises to attempt to address them.

mhworden
9 months ago

Hi @betty, not familiar with your particular condition, but, for spine health and addressing body alignment issues in general, I love, love, love my upper cervical chiropractor. As @stumbler says compensating for ms can take a toll on other body parts. Hope you find relief!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.