Last reply 1 month ago
Back at it.

Hi Guys,

So a massive step for me as of late but I have finally re-joined the gym!! It was a huge leap for me as I used to be so active a few years ago with basketball, boxing and going to the gym and then after difficulty with my leg I had to give it up.

Working out again was something that was terrifying for me as I used to be so active and then became very immobile also gaining weight. BUT I am now back it and have actually started yoga as well to rebuild my muscle and strength and help me with my balance. Baby steps but I know I’ll get back to being me eventually.

I don’t know who would have needed this little motivation but never give up and keep it pushing!!!

πŸ™‚

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

chezy17
1 month ago

I think exercise is good for the soul, and makes you feel better if you’re able to do it 😊. I used to do judo but had a relapse at the beginning of the year so I’m doing body combat until I’m physically fitter and stronger to get back into my judo. Walking and going on a bike ride is good too, I think it’s a great stress reliever and it’s nice to just be in your own thoughts sometimes.
I find, pushing yourself to go when you’re tired helps always makes me feel better but what works for me doesn’t work for everybody else.
Except for last night, caught a stupid sick bug, don’t think projectile vomiting would’ve gone down well πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚!
Kewp going, and yes never give up!!

Carpe diem!

stumbler
1 month ago

@riannasj , Moderation is key and bear in mind that any increase in body temperature can potentially cause problems.

But, I’m sure you feel better just doing something positive.

chezy17
1 month ago

Moderation? I’m not sure I’ve heard of that word lol?!

I guess I’m lucky in that heat has never affected me in that way.

riannasj
1 month ago

@chezy17 honestly it feels amazing being able to get back to what I enjoy… I’m jist taking things slow as to no burn myself out πŸ€—πŸ€—

riannasj
1 month ago

@stumbler definitley taking my time with it… yoga has been great tbh and I absolutely reccommend it to anyone who wants ti strengthen their legs or arms and work on balance.

marajade
1 month ago

Yoga is fantastic! I have to stay away from hot yoga now, but regular yoga classes are great. I’ve recently dabbled in Tai Chi…it’s hard. Both arms are doing different things and my brain won’t do it. Try to add in the feet as well and it’s all over, Lol. Good luck and glad you’re feeling well enough to get back at it!

bonang1975
1 month ago

Well done you have given me drive, now i just need a cattle prod for some more pushπŸ‘

riannasj
1 month ago

@marajade I love yoga so far, its only been a couple weeks but I can for sure see a difference in the strength if my leg again and so I am excited to see how I progress… when I get a bit stronger I might check out hot yoga

riannasj
1 month ago

@bonang1975 you’ve got this!!! Start slow and look at strengthening exercises.. perhaps swimming and yoga like I mentioned, I’m aure in no doubt you’ll be back at it πŸ€—πŸ€—

avengr13
1 month ago

@stumbler I agree with stumbler in that ms is a quirky disease. I have had it for thirty years. I have been up and down with ms. Overall healthy but an episode will come out and hit you. @ riannas just be the best you can be but please be prepared for unexpected. It’s like having a spotter when lifting weights; not really needed, until they are.

vixen
1 month ago

Hey @riannasj, taking the time to rebuild and then getting somewhere with it is a great experience! Well done for persistence and for motivating yourself πŸ™‚

riannasj
1 month ago

@vixen thank you so much, its so lovely to have these words of encouragement

anniem1978
1 month ago

Well done! Fantastic news 😊 I’d like to be able to get fit again one day myself. I’m struggling with mobility and fatigue, but hoping to make use of the facilities at my local MS centre soon.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.