amylee 03/01/18
Last reply 2 months ago
B12 shots and fatigue

I have been relapse free for about two to three years – currently on no medication. However, I do suffer periods of fatigue and heavy/pressured head and very low mood (taking anti depressants for this). It can last for a few days or a few weeks. Currently been in bed for three days sleeping on and off and not wanting to leave the house – everything feels so tiring!

I have read here and there that B12 shots and Vitamin D may help for MS fatigue and will be available from my doctors. Has anybody here got experience of this? Hoping to see a doctor this week to ask for it.

Anything else that people take or do to help fatigue? Whenever I have mentioned this to my neuro he always says the only cure is sleep, which is great, but I have a lot of uni work piling up and house stuff to be doing!

Any ideas would be great on this

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 months ago

Hey Amy.

Sorry to hear that you’re tired but I can sleep 12 hours and still feel tired or I can have 8 hours and feel great! I had a blood test done and it turned out my vit D levels were about 38, and I started taking a 4000 dose and have been doing for a year. I felt alot better but then found that my b12 or folate levels were low so started taking a high dose of that too! I stopped eating gluten and since then my levels are over a 100 with vit d and back to high levels for my b12. Took me a year to get there but I feel alot better now, I take full advantage of when the sun is out, not that it’s out much here but it will help 😊.
I also tend to push myself when I’m feeling tired, go out for a walk or do some exercise, I know it’s the last thing you want to do when you feel drained but it always makes me feel better 😊.

Take care 😊.

2 months ago

@amylee , you’ll probably have to have a blood test before they consider giving you D3 and B12 supplements.

Other than that you could ask your Doctor to prescribe Amantadine or Modafinil, to see if they help.

I hope your Uni knows about your MS and is allowing you some flexibility.

2 months ago

Hi @amylee, my neuro recommended high strength vitamin d and b complex. I just buy them over the Internet from reputable companies, they have made a big of an improvement and when your fatigued you’ll give anything ago to help you out of it.
@chezy17 I was a advised the best thing I could do for fatigue was to exercise, and I do try whenever I can, but you’re right it’s the last thing you want to do 😊

2 months ago

Yes i read that too i slmost took b12 tablets but my neuro did blood test and said you have enough in your body dont take it. But couple of years ago vitamin d was 6 god knows what now.

2 months ago

They recommend that it should actually closer to 100 when you have MS…I did feel better when I started to take it 😊.

@nutshell…6…why wouldn’t they give you vitamins with that level 😮?!

To be honest, I probably do far more than I should but I refuse to let it slow me down lol 😂.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.