Last reply 1 year ago
Awful cycle of constipation & trots

I have a horrid cycle of constipation followed by the trots.
I take 1/2 sachet of laxido daily. Tried a sachet but that gave me uncontrollable runs and the need for multiple showers a day to get clean…
Really unamused. Missed family trip for my birthday as felt unable to travel.
Any good diets out there? I’d love the routine of a regular bowel movement…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

brittany-leigh
1 year ago

Its very hard to say since I don’t know what your typical daily diet looks like?

jl0ates
1 year ago

Always start day with fruit and fibre, drink plenty but probably not enough…

jofamof5
1 year ago

you need to to see a gastroenterologist.

spunky
1 year ago

jl0ates

Try Restoralax. You have it everyday in any liquid and it helps keep you regular without giving you the runs. It is general and even pregnant women and children can take it.

brittany-leigh
1 year ago

Well, it could be a number of things… but if you are in taking too much fibre could be the cause. Or even too much sugar

isaacson72
1 year ago

I agree on the gastroenterologist idea. I don’t have the diarrhea problem but I am constipated periodically (frequently, I guess, with short periods of regularity mixed in). I’m very careful to make sure I get enough exercise, drink enough water, eat the right foods. Nothing has helped so I’m seeing a gastro in a few weeks (I have a strong family history of colon cancer so I’m not waiting around to see if it’s an MS issue. I can handle an MS issue. I can’t handle a cancer problem!). But for you — I’m not doctor, but I strongly suggest a gastroenterologist.

vicy
1 year ago

What about 1/2 a sachet every other day? Not quite clear from your post how often you’re going.

vicy
1 year ago

What about 1/2 a sachet every other day? Not quite clear from your post how often you’re going. But see your GP, I’m sure alternating diarrhea & constipation is cause for further investigation.

jl0ates
1 year ago

Manage to go on day 6…
Thanks for all your comments. I m speaking to my GP today.

crashtestdummy
1 year ago

Read Michael Moseleys latest offering “the clever guts diet” – its all about probiotic and prebiotic diets (eating fermented food and stuff). It really helps. I also have Crohn’s disease and I find this very helpful. A good gastroenterologist will also help you to manage your symptoms 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.